User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 172

  1. #121
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Insulting? My personal feelings are irrelevant. Totalitarian doesn't evoke the same emotional response in other people as fascism. The important point being "other people". The ability to communicate an idea is greatly reduced if your audience is connects you with an emotionally charged label like fascism or racism.
    I'm pretty sure this is about your personal feelings, because I could call someone a fascist on a different forum and they might smile cheerfully, or just correct me calmly. What you are actually saying is that American liberals tend to not like to be called fascists, that even being called a totalitarian dictator is somehow preferable, that it's just peachy to be a hivemind authoritarian entity, as long as it's not based in cherishing a similar culture, amirite? Because the liberal holy grail is the multi-cult, and that's just wacko, quite frankly. It's not any more morally sound to want to be a totalitarian dictator than it is to be a fascist.

    Totalitarian regimes have their strong points.
    So do fascist countries, there tends to be internal harmony.

  2. #122
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    1. Few People Are Impressed By Us - I never thought that the rest of the world was impressed by us.
    2. Few People Hate Us - I never thought the rest of the world hated us either, except for maybe France...but as a culture, they have serious issues of their own, too.
    3. We Know Nothing About The Rest Of The World - Yeah, but this probably goes for most other countries, who are also highly influenced by the media. And really, are Fox News and CNN the only brainwashing media outlets?
    4. We Are Poor At Expressing Gratitude And Affection - True.
    5. The Quality of Life For The Average American Is Not That Great - Pfft. If you have good credit and a little patience to build it, you're practically unstoppable.
    6. The Rest Of The World Is Not A Slum-Ridden Shithole Compared To Us - Agreed, you'll know this when you visit Detroit.
    7. We’re Paranoid - I dunno if mistrusting someone who invites me over to his house makes me paranoid.
    8. We’re Status-Obsessed And Seek Attention - Naw!!
    9. We Are Very Unhealthy - But would you rather live a short life of pleasure than a long life of restraint and prohibitions? I do, however, agree that people are medicated too much, particularly for ADD and depression and such. I think medication is just a lazy way of handling a "health" issue.
    10. We Mistake Comfort For Happiness - I'm confused by this.


    Overall, it seems like a Berkeley graduate wrote all this.

  3. #123
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is about your personal feelings, because I could call someone a fascist on a different forum and they might smile cheerfully, or just correct me calmly. What you are actually saying is that American liberals tend to not like to be called fascists, that even being called a totalitarian dictator is somehow preferable, that it's just peachy to be a hivemind authoritarian entity, as long as it's not based in cherishing a similar culture, amirite? Because the liberal holy grail is the multi-cult, and that's just wacko, quite frankly. It's not any more morally sound to want to be a totalitarian dictator than it is to be a fascist.
    My personal feelings about labels only go as far as I get annoyed at how quickly and easily ridiculous labels are thrown around in an effort to undermine people trying to communicate ideas, whether it's calling someone a Nazi, Muslim, atheist, Marxist America-hater or a sexist, racist, warmongering conservatard.

    Totalitarian has far too broad of a meaning to reach your conclusion. I didn't go into nearly enough depth for you to make any of the judgments you have made and I never intended to go into such depth because it was just a fantasy, not reality. You have been quite an effective troll, so you can pat yourself on the back for that.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  4. #124
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    My personal feelings about labels only go as far as I get annoyed at how quickly and easily ridiculous labels are thrown around in an effort to undermine people trying to communicate ideas, whether it's calling someone a Nazi, Muslim, atheist, Marxist America-hater or a sexist, racist, warmongering conservatard.
    Actually no, that's not what I was doing, that's what you're projecting on to me, and that's about your personal feelings, and it's interesting that a person with Ni aux can't see this, like oh, other people don't necessarily view the word fascist with such immediate defensiveness.

    It's also weird to me that you think I can't undermine your idea by suggesting you want to be a totalitarian dictator.

    I think you may have Fe, I've suspected this before, because you're quite touchy for an NT, as I said, and this blatant insistence that I was somehow intentionally using the word fascist to make you look stupid is really about someone's particular Fe, while in another person's Fe it's perfectly acceptable, or possibly neutral.



    Totalitarian has far too broad of a meaning to reach your conclusion. I didn't go into nearly enough depth for you to make any of the judgments you made and I never intended to go into such depth because it was just a fantasy, not reality. You have been quite an effective troll, so you can pat yourself on the back for that.
    I wasn't trolling, I was joking around at first, and then you got all dramatic, and now you're actually trying to defend being a totalitarian dictator, while making frowny faces at me for simply using the word fascist.

    This is the funniest conversation I've had all day, and no my intent wasn't to troll you, but you've certainly made this conversation a complete wankfest.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    All the founding fathers and presidents except JFK were freemasons.

  6. #126
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    The Rest Of The World Is Not A Slum-Ridden Shithole Compared To Us - Agreed, you'll know this when you visit Detroit.
    This is made of win.

  7. #127
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Actually no, that's not what I was doing, that's what you're projecting on to me, and that's about your personal feelings, and it's interesting that a person with Ni aux can't see this, like oh, other people don't necessarily view the word fascist with such immediate defensiveness.
    I possibly am a bit defensive about labels, but that has nothing to do with my personality type and everything to do with my experiences in life.

    It's also weird to me that you think I can't undermine your idea by suggesting you want to be a totalitarian dictator.

    I think you may have Fe, I've suspected this before, because you're quite touchy for an NT, as I said, and this blatant insistence that I was somehow intentionally using the word fascist to make you look stupid is really about someone's particular Fe, while in another person's Fe it's perfectly acceptable, or possibly neutral.
    LOL, internet message boards are the best place to judge a personality, are they not?

    I wasn't trolling, I was joking around at first, and then you got all dramatic, and now you're actually trying to defend being a totalitarian dictator, while making frowny faces at me for simply using the word fascist.

    This is the funniest conversation I've had all day, and no my intent wasn't to troll you, but you've certainly made this conversation a complete wankfest.
    You're imagining the drama, perhaps that's a bit of your own projection. You can't imagine someone typing the words I'm typing and not being worked up about it, yeah?

    Why persist? This has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Or are you aiming for another ban?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  8. #128
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I possibly am a bit defensive about labels, but that has nothing to do with my personality type and everything to do with my experiences in life.


    LOL, internet message boards are the best place to judge a personality, are they not?


    You're imagining the drama, perhaps that's a bit of your own projection. You can't imagine someone typing the words I'm typing and not being worked up about it, yeah?

    Why persist? This has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Or are you aiming for another ban?
    Why would I be banned for talking to you about social perceptions of the word fascism, and yes, you are defensive or else this wouldn't have become such a ludicrous conversation. It would have been all like "no actually I'm not a fascist, just a totalitarian dictator" or you could have said something funny, but instead you argued with me, called me a troll, etc. et al. You've even admitted you got annoyed, and used the term "emotionally charged" so yes I think you're upset about all of this, but my point still remains: being a totalitarian dictator is not any more morally sound than being a fascist, saying you want to kick out people who aren't like-minded, I'm sorry if I called this "hippopotamus" instead of "fascism" does that make it more palatable somehow? And you say you want to get away from extremists, but then say there are positive attributes to totalitarian dictatorships.

    Oh, Internet.

  9. #129
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Why would I be banned for talking to you about social perceptions of the word fascism, and yes, you are defensive or else this wouldn't have become such a ludicrous conversation. It would have been all like "no actually I'm not a fascist, just a totalitarian dictator" or you could have said something funny, but instead you argued with me, called me a troll, etc. et al. You've even admitted you got annoyed, and used the term "emotionally charged" so yes I think you're upset about all of this, but my point still remains: being a totalitarian dictator is not any more morally sound than being a fascist, saying you want to kick out people who aren't like-minded, I'm sorry if I called this "hippopotamus" instead of "fascism" does that make it more palatable somehow? And you say you want to get away from extremists, but then say there are positive attributes to totalitarian dictatorships.

    Oh, Internet.
    I never said anything about kicking people out.

    There is nothing extreme about admitting there are positive attributes to totalitarian dictatorships.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  10. #130
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I never said anything about kicking people out.

    There is nothing extreme about admitting there are positive attributes to totalitarian dictatorships.
    You said you'd be a bouncer. Bouncers kick people out, and you said it was all about being like-minded.

    It doesn't matter, I don't care, I have conversations with people who are Nazi revisionists and don't even bat an eyelash, so what you're projecting on to me is false, just know.

Similar Threads

  1. What you don't know about Ne
    By Dreamer in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-24-2017, 07:08 PM
  2. [NF] NFs What Secrets Don't Know about your Type?
    By ChocTiramisu in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-07-2017, 07:23 PM
  3. 3 Things People don't really know about you.
    By kyuuei in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 11:14 PM
  4. What doctors don't know about the drugs they prescribe
    By PeaceBaby in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2013, 03:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO