User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I mostly agree with this article, except I don't love America (or any other nation). They're all mostly full of stupid people. There's only one nation that could make me feel patriotic, and that's a nation where I got to decide who got in.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I guess the Belgian identity is being proud that we..have no identity as a people?

Don't speak ill of our cities though
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I know all these things. But I am not average.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I mostly agree with this article, except I don't love America (or any other nation). They're all mostly full of stupid people. There's only one nation that could make me feel patriotic, and that's a nation where I got to decide who got in.
    So you're actually a fascist at heart? Do tell.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Tis Good.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    So you're actually a fascist at heart? Do tell.
    Fascist? How so?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Fascist? How so?
    Why yes you can be patriotic to a country where there are strong rules you make about who gets to live there and who doesn't.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Why yes you can be patriotic to a country where there are strong rules you make about who gets to live there and who doesn't.
    That doesn't match any definition of fascism I've ever read. But I don't think you really believe my idea is fascist. You're just trying to correlate me with fascism because my idea offends you.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That doesn't match any definition of fascism I've ever read. But I don't think you really believe my idea is fascist. You're just trying to correlate me with fascism because my idea offends you.
    LOL. Wrong. Your idea doesn't offend me in the slightest, you just have a knee-jerk reaction to the word fascist like most people, presuming it's something along the lines of calling you a pee pee head. When in fact, a fascist state is controlled by a dictator with complete power (i.e. you get to decide who stays and who goes!) and is laden then with patriotism.

I think you just don't like to be called a fascist, even tongue in cheek, does it make you feel a bit uncomfortable that you basically said you could be patriotic to a nation where you were the dictator?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

LOL. Wrong. Your idea doesn't offend me in the slightest, you just have a knee-jerk reaction to the word fascist like most people, presuming it's something along the lines of calling you a pee pee head. When in fact, a fascist state is controlled by a dictator with complete power (i.e. you get to decide who stays and who goes!) and is laden then with patriotism.

I think you just don't like to be called a fascist, even tongue in cheek, does it make you feel a bit uncomfortable that you basically said you could be patriotic to a nation where you were the dictator?
    No one likes to be called a fascist because it is an emotionally charged word, like calling someone a racist or a Marxist (in the US). You already knew this was the case before you used it.

"Laden with patriotism"? Seriously? How does "There's only one nation that could make me feel patriotic, and that's a nation where I got to decide who got in." turn in to "laden with patriotism" in your mind? There's a huge gulf between those two. I don't think patriotism is a particularly worthy trait in the first place. I was only expressing my general misanthropy, not expressing a desire to create some sort of dystopian fascist state where I have complete control. I have no interest in such control. I just want to get away from the extremists on the left and the right in the US (mostly the right).

This has been one of the most worthless conversations in the history of conversation.