Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I look forward to a zombie apocalypse.
    Me too kind of.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yeah, beauty of type c is many different perspectives.

I was trying to look for something I saw on facebook (ironically) that said "why worry about the zombie apocalypse when you already are a zombie?" (showed a bunch of people walking down the street looking down at cellphones)
    A couple years ago, I'd tell people "I'm sorry, but you are dead" if they seemed to be "dead"...or just going with the motions...but looking for a way to snap out of it.

The reactions I got...extremely puzzling.
    "Is this a joke?"
    "Is this a message from god?"
    "I know"
    "Why would you think I'd need to be told that?"
    "Are you depressed?"

People thought I was weird. Especially when I went on a rant on how "I see dead people". Finally somebody got it, though, and explained it to the rest in a way they could understand.

I've cut it out since then, less blunt ways of saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    I've cut it out since then, less blunt ways of saying that.
    It's not blunt. It's stupid. You don't know whether they live empty, vapid lives, as if they are dead. Nor are you entitled to get a sign of who they truly are when you meet them. They're just people passing you by. They probably have lives of their own. Stop making a big deal about it.

It is that...age. We are just TOO plugged into the systems. Too easy to text people, too easy to look up something on the phone, just all to easy.

Take up your square, take up a park, create meet ups.

Make people not look at their phones. Any way you can to take them away from technology for a split second.

So many people that have cell/smart phones in elementary/middle school, it's crazy. It is probably why I know many parents that won't allow their kid to have their own computer/phone up until high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It may be the area where you live.
    Yeah, like my place. It may be the suburbs or something, but the urban parts aren't that noisy either. It is relatively quiet compared to the pictures I've seen of it 50 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yeah, beauty of type c is many different perspectives.

I was trying to look for something I saw on facebook (ironically) that said "why worry about the zombie apocalypse when you already are a zombie?" (showed a bunch of people walking down the street looking down at cellphones)
    I've seen that picture on another site, was the funniest thing ever.

They should really do a Beatles version of that as a parody.

I think I remember that they were on the sidewalk though?

"Oh, you people! You think because you breathe, piss, shit you're alive? You clutch onto life as if your life was worth clutching onto."

It's from a movie, the quote. I want to say this to people, to myself, but I hesitate.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    It's not blunt. It's stupid. You don't know whether they live empty, vapid lives, as if they are dead. Nor are you entitled to get a sign of who they truly are when you meet them. They're just people passing you by. They probably have lives of their own. Stop making a big deal about it.
    Meh, you're right. Though you're missing context. More a projection of my thoughts on to them, perhaps colored by a hope they'd relate, as some did once I explained what I meant.

But I still express the sentiment when I think it's appropriate.
    Usually,
    "I seem to be picking up on a sense of disillusionment...like you're looking for something. Am I wrong?"
    "What do you mean?"
    *explaination of the sense of living a life of purposelessness, but wanting to try not to*

Same sentiment, much kinder.

If it's not place, perhaps, but I can't or won't ignore those vibes if/when I get them. But, perhaps, better to channel them appropriately.

I was younger. Needed to learn, is all.

Ginkgo

Ancient man probably didn't think it was his fault his first invention of fire was so shiny.

The people are still there, it's just the atmosphere that's different. Most people are down-to-earth enough to respond to you if you initiate something in the middle of their text. Instead of, you know, observing them and finding reasons to criticize them from afar like a non-human.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    This is true. I know this old ESTP guy who is like 80 who will have a conversation with ANYBODY.

A lot of times it has to do with your own personality type, but it also can be about where you are. I don't think I'd fare very well in a city like New York, for example.
    Yeah, I used to do it a lot too. Now I can tell where the conversation may well lead w/o opening my mouth I think it is a "big city" thing. Or at least more prevalent here. I actually find myself drawn to introverts because I feel it is a way of being I not have in quite the same way
    . Most introverted people tend to find me too intense when I'm in extravery mode and most extraverts I don't feel that same level of depth when I interact with them.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Human brains evolved with a limited capacity to form relationships. Extrapolate.

I hate living in cities. I prefer small towns or the outer edge of the suburbs.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."