Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Default U.N. Arms Trade Treaty

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-us-let-other/

http://www.examiner.com/article/glob...u-s-gun-rights

...Idiots... I hate politics...

Whatever, I just thought I'd link this, just in case anyone didn't already hear about it.

Basically, more legislation, international this time, which is worded in a way which allows it to be easily manipulated to achieve things it shouldn't be able to do...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Ehm, well let's just say that those are two very biased articles.

Anyway, here is a link to the UN's compilation of views on a possible treaty * and this is some info from the British foreign office and this is what the US Department of State has to say.

Note: The UN report is a summary of the position of Algeria, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Denmark, Ecuador, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Kenya, Liechtenstein, Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritania (on behalf of the League of Arab States), Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago (on behalf of the Caribbean Community), Ukraine, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Viet Nam, Zambia, the Holy See and the European Union...apparently the USA did not contribute a statement?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Agreed, they are biased against the treaty. However, you don't try to get people to pay attention to things by pointing out the generally agreeable parts, you point out what could happen. Imagine how things could have been different if all that people knew about SOPA was how it was intended to stop piracy, and not that it's ambiguous wording made it dangerous to the internet as a whole.

Too much ambiguity in legislation is dangerous, and something which really needs to be avoided. Again, yes, the articles I posted are a bit biased, but I hardly care if it encourages people to pay some fucking attention to what's going on, and do some research of their own...

I'm really not here to debate anything; I'm here to raise some awareness. I'll leave the arguing to the ENTJs, should they chose to make this a battleground...