User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    While part or all of the striped states (Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, West Virginia) may or may not be included. edit: though I tend to think of North Dakota as an extension of Greater Minnesota.
    Interesting. I used to go on vacation in South Dakota - in the Black Hills, and I never thought of it as being even vaguely Midwestern. I thought of it as being Western. Not just Western, but iconic of "Western". Are the Badlands, Deadwood SD, and all that iconic cowboy and Indian stuff actually in the Midwest? Hell no.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Yeah. I think Texas is part of the south or the west......southwest, even.

According to wikipedia, the dark red (Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio) are usually included in descriptions, maps, etc. of the midwest.. While part or all of the striped states (Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, West Virginia) may or may not be included. edit: though I tend to think of North Dakota as an extension of Greater Minnesota.
    Some of these states are Plains states - Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri and the Dakotas, and I believe Kentucky is almost universally named as part of the South. West Virginia can be considered part of the South, the Mid-Atlantic or even the Midwest (sitting between Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio). Appalachia seems to cover it best.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Oso Mocoso View Post
    Interesting. I used to go on vacation in South Dakota - in the Black Hills, and I never thought of it as being even vaguely Midwestern. I thought of it as being Western. Not just Western, but iconic of "Western". Are the Badlands, Deadwood SD, and all that iconic cowboy and Indian stuff actually in the Midwest? Hell no.
    SD and ND are pretty different, and they're both different from MN, but the Wall-Drug signs unite us all.
    I don't wanna!