User Tag List

Default I found a chart :D

http://www.informationisbeautiful.ne...ght_world.html

I thought it was pretty interesting and I was wondering what you folks thought about it.
    Dirt Farmer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I don't like the whole left vs right dichotomy, I don't think it describes my stance nor the stances of quite a few people I know very well. However, if you think left or right can describe things for you, it's an interesting and pretty cool chart.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

It is interesting and I've seen ones like it, cheers as I think I'll keep the link.

Although I think it does perpetuate some US or neo-liberal ideas, such as interference vs. non-interference. Each have constituencies and desired outcomes and both I think favour a similar amount of interference reflecting that, although maybe its not the state engineering it.

As a compromise a short time ago I started to consider myself culturally conservative and fiscally left wing, in the main because I critically examined the economics of the right wing and found it to be serious bunkum given rigorous ideological defence, the left wing I think is in a kind of wilderness presently and more and more has come to represent what I think are big hearted but small minded souls, stuck in an earlier, mainly affect driven, stage of maturation.

So I've had to reposition myself as culturally conservative, not because I've any liking for conservatism, and I dont quite understand why and how the left let this happen, and it is something which used to be more of a US than international thing, but they really have become the sole depository of what used to be universal cultural norms or values. About work, about home, about child rearing, about anti-social and pro-social behaviour. About a lot of things.

I dont appreciate any extremes of opinion really, although I think its a strange situation when what ought to be just regular norms and conventions work to get some pretty radical people into office, who'll then enact crazy plans which will be as injurious or more injurious of the very things which were "their ticket" in the first place. The whole "hope" and "change" message of the Obama campaign bewildered me a bit because if I had to typify any parties in the US as "hopeful" or even "utopian" it would have been the right wing, pimping a bunch of failed freemarket thinking like Pol Pot's "the only problem with the cambodian revolution is it didnt go far enough" and for conservatives they sure do like their radical changes. The same goes for the UK in that respect.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Wouldn't it be wonderful if both could compliment each other, instead of fight? Kinda like in a good marriage?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if both could compliment each other, instead of fight? Kinda like in a good marriage?

Ha, i was just thinking it would be nice to see it expressed as a bubble chart ... with at least some cross over.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The chart is definitely eye catching but it over simplifies and stereotypes some things. Overall I lean left but can see some value in the right side viewpoint. I strive to be both fulfilled (left) and self-sufficient (right) adult. If you asked me if I valued freedom or equality more, I'd be hard pressed to answer that one.

Seriously, do all right people really believe the homeless lack a work ethic with no sense of shame? I side strongly with the left because it's possible to work hard and do the right things and still become homeless due to circumstances beyond one's control.

And what's exactly the difference between ethics (left) and morals (right)?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    The chart is definitely eye catching but it over simplifies and stereotypes some things. Overall I lean left but can see some value in the right side viewpoint. I strive to be both fulfilled (left) and self-sufficient (right) adult. If you asked me if I valued freedom or equality more, I'd be hard pressed to answer that one.

Seriously, do all right people really believe the homeless lack a work ethic with no sense of shame? I side strongly with the left because it's possible to work hard and do the right things and still become homeless due to circumstances beyond one's control.

And what's exactly the difference between ethics (left) and morals (right)?
    I can't say I know. I just wanted to kind of paint of picture of what it is actually like based on how people responded.
    Dirt Farmer