User Tag List

123 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Default Is the USA running a fascist economic model?

Read this excerpt on fascist economics, if you will.

Fascism operated from a Social Darwinist view of human relations. Their aim was to promote superior individuals and weed out the weak.In terms of economic practice, this meant promoting the interests of successful businessmen while destroying trade unions and other organizations of the working class. Historian Gaetano Salvemini argued in 1936 that fascism makes taxpayers responsible to private enterprise, because "the State pays for the blunders of private enterprise... Profit is private and individual. Loss is public and social."Fascist governments encouraged the pursuit of private profit and offered many benefits to large businesses, but they demanded in return that all economic activity should serve the national interest.
    The part I put in bold is the only part that does not sound to me like the USA's economy.

That is just one piece. Well before I read that I kept thinking about Mussolini's characterization of fascism as a merger of the government and the state, a description that sounded eerily similar to the USA's current predicament.

Realistically, I know this thread will piss people off, and odds are many people reading this don't have much of a concept of fascism or any alternative economic model, but I'm quite serious. I think there's a legitimate case to be that the USA is, if not currently economically fascist, quickly approaching the state of a fascist economy.

Also, I honestly think China is, at this point, fascist on pretty much all fronts.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah it's why USA is so strangely a 1st world country, but in so many disturbing ways more similar to the 3rd world.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

It definitely looks like politics is trying to force a fascist US economic model.

Look at Mitt Romney, then the radicals who go on and on about patriotism and the tax rates. Need anything more be said?
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

The U.S. is becoming more fascist not like a '1984' state, but probably something more akin to a 'Brave New World' state. Hey, anyone notice how that type of economic structure is what seems to be supported by those who are extremely right wing?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    The U.S. is becoming more fascist not like a '1984' state, but probably something more akin to a 'Brave New World' state. Hey, anyone notice how that type of economic structure is what seems to be supported by those who are extremely right wing?
    Here's what I cannot fathom about the right wing: how their economic model could be even remotely compatible with conservative Christianity. It baffles me. That's some POWERFUL propaganda there...and people are scared of communists?

MBTI
    STUF

Whoops.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Here's what I cannot fathom about the right wing: how their economic model could be even remotely compatible with conservative Christianity. It baffles me. That's some POWERFUL propaganda there...and people are scared of communists?
    EXACTLY! There's no logical connection between valuing the two; Christianity is entirely opposed to the idea of a capitalist world; it strives to make all people meek and averse to greed; capitalism is all about using ambition and the desire for private means of production to run the economy. No granted, a form of capitalism where there's limitations and a safety net could be compatible with someone of the Christian faith, in that they know that a capitalist (or at least somewhat capitalist) structure of economy is neccesary for society, so long as it does not go too far into the extreme. However, I've seen conservatives on political forums who preach insane degress of capitalism; to the poin where they want to abolish taxes, welfare, and public institutions; they want the weak and poor to suffer and die. But these same people will jump all over abortion and gay marriage as sinful, quoting the bible and god as thier source. Thier stupidity knows no bounds.

Getting close. Actually, it might be even more than that.

Compare and contrast today and the Robber Barons of the 19th century Gilded Age.
    http://www.alternet.org/story/156111...ber-baron_era/

Compare and contrast the beginning of Nazi Germany (no, I did not want to add a post about Nazi just because... it actually IS related) and where we "might" seem to be heading today. While the story might be more likely for the nations in Europe than America itself, we are threateningly getting there.
    http://www.alternet.org/rights/15617...mity_and_fear/

Compare and contrasts what the banks did (don't tell me they have no responsibility) and what is STILL occurring.
    http://www.thenation.com/article/168...eadlineNation#

Understand the NSA has been in the works way before all of us were born and how they can use that information against any of its own American citizen if left in the wrong hands.
    http://endthelie.com/2012/07/02/thre...#axzz1zcE39DuX

Understand that we have drones/unwarranted-wiretapping/etc in our own country now.

Understand that the NDAA has allowed the government to give propaganda against its own people, LEGALLY. While we are at the NDAA, your politicians (every single one of them) has allowed for the indefinite detention of American Civilians which a judge has blocked for the time being.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1522654.html

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yeah it's why USA is so strangely a 1st world country, but in so many disturbing ways more similar to the 3rd world.

i mean... are we though? what's so 3rd world about us?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    i mean... are we though? what's so 3rd world about us?
    http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-Ne...7641338349787/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47104777...gestudy-finds/

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18563_162-6866663.html

The last link is about the failure of American public schools. Did you know that the literacy rate is higher in Russia?