User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 61

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Today entertainment is politics, that's why I put my subversive site, "Wikileaks and Poetry", in the Arts and Entertainment Forum.
    True, though I only watched the first season of 24.

  2. #52
    F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    1,986

    Default

    I think they need to finish building America.

  3. #53
    F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    1,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    America is too rural, it's like one big farm inbetween New York City and Los Angeles, but then, I am from London so, forgive me for thinking that... Sure, you get cities in the middle, like Philadelphia, DC, Detroit and Chicago, but as a whole, the culture is kinda rural; sort of.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    I think they need to finish building America.
    I am so mean, I love America, Americans, don't get me wrong.
    The cities are neat the towns are pretty and the land is awesome, people too.

  4. #54
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536
    Oz has a global economy. Sure, it's a trillion dollar economy, but we don't have the means to defend our interests globally.

    That's where Uncle Sam comes in. It's very simple, America's role in the world is to defend Oz globally.

    Of course it is quid pro quo. We provide political and military support and the USA keeps the 7th Fleet afloat in the Pacific.

    So far it has worked our well. We have the most successful Land Treaty in the world with the US in Antarctica, we have a long standing Military Treaty in good repair, and to cap it off, we have a lovely Free Trade Agreement.

    Oh yes, America's role is to keep us happy. And how are they doing?

    Not too bad.

  5. #55
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    trading with other countries, "Speak Softly, Carry a Big Stick" that's it. I don't think we should be giving any foreign aid to other countries, at least not with tax dollars. if people want to contribute privately, that's great, more power to them, but it should not come out of our tax dollars. priorities people. come on. we need to get out of mountains of debt before we go off and play save the world. people are so delusional
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  6. #56
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    trading with other countries, "Speak Softly, Carry a Big Stick" that's it. I don't think we should be giving any foreign aid to other countries, at least not with tax dollars. if people want to contribute privately, that's great, more power to them, but it should not come out of our tax dollars. priorities people. come on. we need to get out of mountains of debt before we go off and play save the world. people are so delusional
    Oh come on, your per capita foreign aid is quite low compared to other countries.

    And your choice of foreign aid is odd. For instance, you give one thousand million dollars to the Egyption military every year, and about the same amount to Pakistan. In fact you pay these countries to buy American arms. And they still hate you.

    You have a 17 trillion dollar economy and you could pay off your debts simply by raising taxes.

  7. #57
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Oh come on, your per capita foreign aid is quite low compared to other countries.
    And your choice of foreign aid is odd. For instance, you give one thousand million dollars to the Egyption military every year, and about the same amount to Pakistan. In fact you pay these countries to buy American arms. And they still hate you.
    You have a 17 trillion dollar economy and you could pay off your debts simply by raising taxes.
    - please don't lump me together with the United States government. there is little we agree on
    - just because "everyone else is doing it" doesn't make it the best option. thinking we can take care of the entire world is foolhardy and idealistic. practicality>philanthropy

    PS: what happened to your normally cryptic, poetic writing style? =/
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  8. #58
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    PS: what happened to your normally cryptic, poetic writing style? =/
    It was killed. Smothered in the cradle. Choked off in the throat. Treated unkindly. Treated with contempt. Not understood.

  9. #59
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    thinking we can take care of the entire world is foolhardy and idealistic. practicality>philanthropy
    Actually, it is entirely in your self interest and ours.

    You have a 17 trillion dollar global economy and we have a 1 trillion global economy.

    And you are the ones with the means to defend the global economy, not only for yourselves but for many other countries like Oz.

    The reality is that if you don't defend the global economy it will collapse along with your economy and ours.

    So 'taking care of the whole world' is an economic necessity.

  10. #60
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Actually, it is entirely in your self interest and ours.
    You have a 17 trillion dollar global economy and we have a 1 trillion global economy.
    And you are the ones with the means to defend the global economy, not only for yourselves but for many other countries like Oz.
    The reality is that if you don't defend the global economy it will collapse along with your economy and ours.
    So 'taking care of the whole world' is an economic necessity.
    so it's impossible for other countries around the world to sustain themselves? if it's possible for us, why is it not possible for them? and just because we have a large GDP doesn't mean anything. the vast majority of it is debt (because of trying to police and take care of the world on one country's taxes) and the United States is living on borrowed time because of it.


    It was killed. Smothered in the cradle. Choked off in the throat. Treated unkindly. Treated with contempt. Not understood
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Similar Threads

  1. What do you think of racism in old films?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-06-2017, 08:30 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 11:48 AM
  3. What do you think is the most cowardly action in a fight?
    By godscollie in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 06:06 PM
  4. [INTJ] Any INTJs work or study in either of these fields, and what do you think of them?
    By TexasChaos in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 09:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO