User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 20 of 20

  1. #11
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    That's going to change in the US as the baby boomers die off (thankfully). That's the generation most susceptible to that propaganda. Younger generations are getting tired of the Republican propaganda.
    Are you sure? They're pretty turned on to libertarianism.

    I could see something arise which is the most bizarro, trippy, pro-drugs, pro-capitalism and amoral ticket. As vicious as it is hungry.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Are you sure? They're pretty turned on to libertarianism.

    I could see something arise which is the most bizarro, trippy, pro-drugs, pro-capitalism and amoral ticket. As vicious as it is hungry.
    Yes, young libertarians' beliefs have a stronger basis in reason than baby boomers, who were fed fear propaganda from the day they were born.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  3. #13
    Senior Member durentu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp
    Posts
    413

    Default

    The source of their lack of accountability and power comes from our indifference as a people. Remove indifference, and they will crumble.
    "People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds; it is something one creates." - Thomas Szasz

  4. #14
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durentu View Post
    The source of their lack of accountability and power comes from our indifference as a people. Remove indifference, and they will crumble.
    People aren't indifferent at all. They're outraged. They're just outraged about the wrong things for various reasons, including poor education and propaganda. Many people also feel powerless, which causes many to disconnect. Don't mistake that for indifference.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  5. #15
    Senior Member durentu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    People aren't indifferent at all. They're outraged. They're just outraged about the wrong things for various reasons, including poor education and propaganda. Many people also feel powerless, which causes many to disconnect. Don't mistake that for indifference.
    SOME people are outraged. Most are indifferent. If you go ask the cashier, people on the bus/train, people in the park or walking in the street, they are brain dead and if they know about it, they don't really care. They have false beliefs and they never scrutinize them.

    "Those freaking bankers stealing out money. Yeah I'm pissed that they get huge bonuses."

    "Did you withdraw your money from their company/banks?"

    "No because it's too much of a hassle."

    That is indifference my friend. Because there was NO DIFFERENCE.

    If the people really wanted change, they just simply need to withdraw their consent. No violence, no fighting - nothing. Just withdraw consent and find alternatives. But this doesn't happen at critical mass because the fact is that less than 10% (critical mass) is indifferent. Sure there are efforts in all directions, but if there was a true difference in confidence in the people, the revolution would be done and over with in a matter of weeks, not decades.

    Short of a full on collapse, people don't want to be bothered.

    there's lots of bullshit. The truth is in the money trail and foot prints; how they vote with their feet.
    "People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds; it is something one creates." - Thomas Szasz

  6. #16
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durentu View Post
    SOME people are outraged. Most are indifferent. If you go ask the cashier, people on the bus/train, people in the park or walking in the street, they are brain dead and if they know about it, they don't really care. They have false beliefs and they never scrutinize them.

    "Those freaking bankers stealing out money. Yeah I'm pissed that they get huge bonuses."

    "Did you withdraw your money from their company/banks?"

    "No because it's too much of a hassle."

    That is indifference my friend. Because there was NO DIFFERENCE.

    If the people really wanted change, they just simply need to withdraw their consent. No violence, no fighting - nothing. Just withdraw consent and find alternatives. But this doesn't happen at critical mass because the fact is that less than 10% (critical mass) is indifferent. Sure there are efforts in all directions, but if there was a true difference in confidence in the people, the revolution would be done and over with in a matter of weeks, not decades.

    Short of a full on collapse, people don't want to be bothered.

    there's lots of bullshit. The truth is in the money trail and foot prints; how they vote with their feet.
    That's not indifference, that's feeling powerless. Indifference is not caring. The people you describe care, but they don't know what they could do to make things any better.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  7. #17
    Senior Member durentu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    That's not indifference, that's feeling powerless. Indifference is not caring. The people you describe care, but they don't know what they could do to make things any better.
    No, they do not care. They really do not care. For if they did care, they would do something about it.

    And I don't believe that people in a wealthy country, with the sum of human knowledge at their finger tips "don't know what they could do to make things any better". To make this claim says that people are stupendously incompetent. I assume that people are powerful. But they are LAZY and INDIFFERENT.

    All the crying in the world will not make the boulder move.
    "People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds; it is something one creates." - Thomas Szasz

  8. #18
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durentu View Post
    No, they do not care. They really do not care. For if they did care, they would do something about it.
    The measure of whether or not an individual cares about something is whether or not that individual acts upon it? I disagree. Surely a self-proclaimed INTP like yourself can see the problems with this outlook if you use that introverted thinking function long enough.

    And I don't believe that people in a wealthy country, with the sum of human knowledge at their finger tips "don't know what they could do to make things any better". To make this claim says that people are stupendously incompetent. I assume that people are powerful. But they are LAZY and INDIFFERENT.

    All the crying in the world will not make the boulder move.
    You make it all sound so simple and easy. Unfortunately, the world is much more complex than you make it out to be. People don't have to be stupendously incompetent to fail to action, they only need to have doubt. This is obviously something that someone of your stature has never experienced, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  9. #19
    Senior Member durentu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    The measure of whether or not an individual cares about something is whether or not that individual acts upon it? I disagree.

    You make it all sound so simple and easy. Unfortunately, the world is much more complex than you make it out to be. People don't have to be stupendously incompetent to fail to action, they only need to have doubt. This is obviously something that someone of your stature has never experienced, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.
    1) at the end of the day, if all the thinking and talking amounts to nothing, isn't that a huge waste of time? Isn't time really scarce? Why focus on the barriers instead of the opportunities? Why keep banging against the wall when it's much simpler to go around it? Why engage in empty concern?

    2) I've done work in complex adaptive systems, theoretically, in owning a small business and investing in financial markets. There is a difference between complex and complicated and chaotic. (reference cynefin). Yes, the world is immensely complex however, the rule set for the agent MUST BE SIMPLE. This is the most efficient way to survive in a complex environment. If the agent's rule set is complicated and worried about everything, it will simply collapse under it's own weight. Things are simple. Easy is a subjective term; how many road blocks you gonna throw in your own way?

    3) I don't understand why you keep using victim language; fear language. Yes people have doubt, but that's why there's valor, bravery and courage. Courage isn't about moving forward without fear. Courage is about moving forward DESPITE fear; to feel the fear and do it anyway. If doubt and fear cripples one's potency, that is precisely how they enslave themselves (see de la boetie, voltaire). At the EXACT moment they vow that they will NO LONGER BE A VICTIM, they are immediately POWERFUL. This is the art of the come back. Like magic, all these worries and concerns just vanish.

    Government accountability and transparency is a non-issue because we can just nullify unconstitutional federal laws (see 10th amendment).

    Anyways, that's my take.
    "People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds; it is something one creates." - Thomas Szasz

  10. #20
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Govt. Accountability
    Here's my answer for government accountability:



    If every government OR private sector power elite were made to pay the ultimate price immediately upon determination of their graft, corruption, and shameless pillaging of the American people - this shit would stop, and I mean quickly.

    I pray for but a single day when might is right, and when the old, fat men can no longer hide behind the laws they have architected to legitimize their thievery.

    The amount of collusion that has been orchestrated over the years, and subversively integrated into the fabric of American law cannot be made "accountable" by well intended legal reforms, policy changes, or modified accounting rules/reporting principles.

    These cretins believe they are entitled to shamelessly and recklessly burden us and our descendants with debt for their own immediate benefit.
    They believe they are entitled to bleed us.

    And why do they do so?
    Because they have no risk of their own , their skin is not in the game, and until it is, they will continue to lie, cheat and steal under the guise of serving our country.

    If their blood were immediately at risk when their ploys to shed ours are considered, they would think twice.

    When the first head of a thieving politician or lobbyist fell into the basket below the guillotine on display at the Mall in Washington D.C. - then true government accountability would at last be born.



    -Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Similar Threads

  1. What form of gov't would best suit a person like you?
    By disregard in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 01:59 AM
  2. New gov't proposition here for the critiquing.
    By Nocapszy in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 06:41 AM
  3. Does SJ vs SP account for gender bias?
    By Tayshaun in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 08:11 AM
  4. Oregon gov. tries foodstamps for a week
    By rivercrow in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 10:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO