User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    yes. really. if you can't figure that out... welp, there's not a lot i or anyone else can do for you.
    that's provably false.
    Then prove it.

this is just not fair. you democrat folk create an absurd policy, ripe with land mines and and pitfalls, then defend it by plastering it with an impenetrable wall of unjust bullshit rhetoric that makes any opposition sound necessarily cave-man-like.
    I'm not a Democrat, but in typical Republican fashion you accuse me of being one.

i don't like to call myself a republican or conservative, but i couldn't live with myself if i was found to be liberal.

no i'm not. i've said my peace.
    If you're not going to back it up, I'm just going to have to assume that you can't back it up.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Then prove it.
    to whom?
    I'm not a Democrat, but in typical Republican fashion you accuse me of being one.
    well, it's not really relevant, but i apologize.
    left/democrat/liberal/whatever identifier you like.

i guess the fallacy i committed doesn't earn the same exemption your perpetual vitriol against the "evangelical right," does so i correct and apologize.

If you're not going to back it up, I'm just going to have to assume that you can't back it up.
    by the same logic, i could say that since you chose not to address my point about the habit liberals have, of distorting language for the purpose of advancing arguably corrupt policy, validates an assumption on my part that you can't back up any counter-argument.

so be my guest. assume i can't back it up. i mentioned already, i've said my peace.
    i've done research commensurate to my legal voting capacity. no need for me to do yours.
    we fukin won boys

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

To people with more traditional views, the "facepalm" moments come often too, with things like courts overturning majority votes of states on the definition of marriage, and meanwhile upholding a law that mandates insurance be purchased under the guise of it being just another tax.

So, the "OMG Do people really believe this stuff?" happens on both sides, and the answer is yes, people on both sides really believe this. I have been a part of forums like this one that lean heavily left, and other ones that lean heavily right, and the topics go much the same, just with different words.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

While the presentation may be a bit, over the top, my disgust for the platform (particularly this piece) is still valid.

besides that indisputable point, can you really blame a parent for wanting to teach their own kid their own beliefs?
    Yes, especially when the parent want the child to have fixed beliefs without questioning where it came from.

this is just not fair. you democrat folk create an absurd policy, ripe with land mines and and pitfalls, then defend it by plastering it with an impenetrable wall of unjust bullshit rhetoric that makes any opposition sound necessarily cave-man-like.

i don't like to call myself a republican or conservative, but i couldn't live with myself if i was found to be liberal.
    Who is the Democrat here? The only thing I've pointed out was an unsound platform. One that is littered with "typos" and mistakes." Of course, there are good ideas in the platform, but there is also a ton of questionable ones.

You would take note that I am not as single-dimensioned as you take me to be as of my political influence.

by the same logic, i could say that since you chose not to address my point about the habit liberals have, of distorting language for the purpose of advancing arguably corrupt policy, validates an assumption on my part that you can't back up any counter-argument.
    Seems like you aren't looking at this on a political standpoint, at least not on my level. No matter what bill/platform a politician drafts, there will always be a chance that they distort language, whether it is by mistake or not. EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE who can see those distortions will use it for there benefit. Lawyers, corporations, and regular people like you and me. If you can see it, you can be sure someone will use that distortion for their advantage. It is up to the platform to clarify what they mean and fix those distortion, to not do so is to give them the go ahead in making those distortions.

I've stated that, but I don't know if you've read it or not, that is where loopholes occurs.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    So, the "OMG Do people really believe this stuff?" happens on both sides, and the answer is yes, people on both sides really believe this. I have been a part of forums like this one that lean heavily left, and other ones that lean heavily right, and the topics go much the same, just with different words.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    To people with more traditional views, the "facepalm" moments come often too, with things like courts overturning majority votes of states on the definition of marriage, and meanwhile upholding a law that mandates insurance be purchased under the guise of it being just another tax.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    This.
    Yep.

The gullible really don't like critical thinking. They don't like critical thinking about Jesus or Jung. In fact they don't like critical thinking about any authority figure.

And narcissists don't like critical thinking. They come here to get their narcissistic needs met and hate any critical thinking about narcissism. And critical thinking is a threat to their narcissistic supply.

And of course the manipulators hate critical thinking because it disrupts their manipulations and reveals their tricks and techniques.

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

LOL Nocapz, Nobrains
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Yes, especially when the parent want the child to have fixed beliefs without questioning where it came from.
    It is one thing for parents to constrain the behavior of a child, teaching him/her what is acceptable in their family, culture, and community. The child will, however, not always have parents on hand to tell him/her what to do and eventually must learn to make decisions on his/her own. Critical thinking skills are an essential tool in making sound and responsible decisions as an adult. Learning such skills is thus a key part of growing up.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

And now, for a change of pace, here's Reagan riding a velociraptor:

Amurrica!