User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If it helps, I haven't read any of your posts in this thread. So thanks for trusting in my best intent, you were right.
    I think highly of you and always find you witty, even-handed, and fun, so I was genuinely shocked at the thought of what seemed like it could potentially be passive aggressive response. I could see it from others but was like at the thought of it coming from you. I apologize for doubting you.

It's a shame that some people do that, or that they misrepresent my position.
    Yes, I’m probably a bit overly-alert due to so much experience with it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    I think highly of you and always find you witty, even-handed, and fun, so I was genuinely shocked at the thought of what seemed like it could potentially be passive aggressive response. I could see it from others but was like at the thought of it coming from you. I apologize for doubting you.

Yes, I’m probably a bit overly-alert due to so much experience with it.
    We've already talked earlier today about it, and the hatchet is buried (... and not even in anyone's head!) no worries...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Its probably code for communism. Or at least liberalism.

Actually to be truthful a lot of the people who think they're the most critical thinkers that I know are just conforming to a different tune or idiosyncratic as opposed to critial.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Nice speculations on "what things probably mean" when the honest truth is that you're not an American, show continued ignorance in our frame of reference, yet still continue to contribute this sloppy brand of wisdom to political conversations so that you can take vague potshots at people who don't share your political views.

I mean, hell, I don't know for sure what the Texas Repubs were referring to in their statement and mentioned it should be researched further to understand what exactly they are against, and I'm probably a left-leaning moderate in this country. More nuance is always better than less. I don't think that's too much to ask for, especially from the self-proclaimed Thinking types.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I mean, hell, I don't know for sure what the Texas Repubs were referring to in their statement and mentioned it should be researched further to understand what exactly they are against, and I'm probably a left-leaning moderate in this country. More nuance is always better than less. I don't think that's too much to ask for, especially from the self-proclaimed Thinking types.
    The thing about politics, you can't truly trust the politicians on their word. I don't even fully trust the politicians in my own state let alone another politician in another (especially dealing with the internet.) If you want civil liberties, you have to criticize them that a bill needs civil liberties. If a bill could be fraught with loopholes, you have to criticize them that a bill might be fraught with loopholes (like the conversation Jon and I had.)

The best intentions is all for naught if it is done incorrectly. And when it is done incorrectly, you can bet that everybody that can see that loophole will use it to their advantage whether it was right to do so or not. That is what I see in that one platform alone.

You can be sure I'd use the crap out of that loophole in Texas for my advantage if I was funding this campaign.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Nice speculations on "what things probably mean" when the honest truth is that you're not an American, show continued ignorance in our frame of reference, yet still continue to contribute this sloppy brand of wisdom to political conversations so that you can take vague potshots at people who don't share your political views.

With sane people, I usually tend to not assume the worst about their statements, but a large number of Texas Republicans are evangelical Christians, and evangelical Christians are, by and large, insane. Most don't publicly state things like they only support Israel because they want to fulfill Bible prophecy to bring about the end of the world, but in private they will admit it. That's why I assume the worst about these people.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Wow, words are powerful.

Maybe you still think OBE is superior, but to label the GOP as being against critical thinking skills is misleading and wrong. Many of the brightest people I know were classically educated. Admittedly I don't know that much about the difference between traditional and modern teaching methods, but I do know that this debate is more complex than people are making it out to be.
    I already said all this a couple pages back. I was ignored, perhaps because my words were so powerful that people couldn't comprehend them.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    With sane people, I usually tend to not assume the worst about their statements, but a large number of Texas Republicans are evangelical Christians, and evangelical Christians are, by and large, insane. Most don't publicly state things like they only support Israel because they want to fulfill Bible prophecy to bring about the end of the world, but in private they will admit it. That's why I assume the worst about these people.
    The issue goes deeper than that. What matters is whether Liburl teaching methods add to or detract from the drive to be a politically free, economically successful adult. Or whether they impel the masses toward their own self-enslavement via the socialized welfare state. Since this is a democracy, this can't happen in America without the permission of its citzenry. And so Liburls establish teaching methods that tend to create a politically-socialized adult mentality.

I agree with Jennifer in that if you're from another country then you won't have the slightest idea what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I already said all this a couple pages back. I was ignored, perhaps because my words were so powerful that people couldn't comprehend them.
    Please explain to me why OBE, Critical Thinking, and HOTS is separated into three "separate" components with oppose connected to all three of them. Why did they choose to do this?

Why would they choose this if it wasn't to mislead you?

Politicians don't become politicians by accident.
    They know how to change one wording, one grammar, or one sentence structure to make it sound completely different from its "original" intention.
    They know how to use a word to completely piss you off and rile you off.
    They know how to use one word for more than one definition.

Please, make it less easier for me to manipulate/misconstrue the platform. Only then will I give some sympathy for the people that created this.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Please explain to me why OBE, Critical Thinking, and HOTS is separated into three "separate" components with oppose connected to all three of them. Why did they choose to do this?

Why would they choose this if it wasn't to mislead you?

Politicians don't become politicians by accident.
    They know how to change one wording, one grammar, or one sentence structure to make it sound completely different from its "original" intention.
    They know how to use a word to completely piss you off and rile you off.
    They know how to use one word for more than one definition.

Please, make it less easier for me to manipulate/misconstrue the platform. Only then will I give some sympathy for the people that created this.
    I don't have much sympathy for them. I have divided feelings on the issue. But I do know that it's not a question of putting God back in the classroom, but of which one you choose to put there.