User Tag List

First 456

Results 51 to 57 of 57

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    A direct democracy via the internet would be an awful idea; it would never work and will never happen.

    Additionally, most people are fucking morons with little in the way of adequate knowledge, intelligence, or fore-thought; most people have no idea what's good for them or the nation/world at large and would sooner vote for immediate benefits as opposed to short term loss in favor of great long term gain. Not to mention the sheer number of homophobes, racists, xenophobes, jingoists, anarchsists, fascists, and other lunatics who vote in favor of all kinds of ridiculous social and economic policies that would not only result in ruin, but a cessation of all progress regression into the dark ages.

    You know what, fuck democracy altogether. Unless the massess are smart and educated enough to make responsbile desicions for the true good of the nation, then there should just be a council of wise leaders or some similar group in charge of running things.

  2. #52
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    there should just be a council of wise leaders or some similar group in charge of running things.
    Famous last words.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Famous last words.
    Better tyranny by the great few than the mindless many.

    Granted I would prefer some seperation of powers in any government political system, but too much power in the hands of the massess is far worst thann too much power concentrated in the hands of the few.

  4. #54
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    A direct democracy via the internet would be an awful idea; it would never work and will never happen.

    Additionally, most people are fucking morons with little in the way of adequate knowledge, intelligence, or fore-thought; most people have no idea what's good for them or the nation/world at large and would sooner vote for immediate benefits as opposed to short term loss in favor of great long term gain. Not to mention the sheer number of homophobes, racists, xenophobes, jingoists, anarchsists, fascists, and other lunatics who vote in favor of all kinds of ridiculous social and economic policies that would not only result in ruin, but a cessation of all progress regression into the dark ages.

    You know what, fuck democracy altogether. Unless the massess are smart and educated enough to make responsbile desicions for the true good of the nation, then there should just be a council of wise leaders or some similar group in charge of running things.
    In this post, you declare that your own personal political preferences are more important than any others, to the point that those who disagree with you or have other priorities than you do ought to be disenfranchised. Bold.

    I'm curious, though - how do you know what's good for yourself and the nation/world at large?

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    In this post, you declare that your own personal political preferences are more important than any others, to the point that those who disagree with you or have other priorities than you do ought to be disenfranchised. Bold.

    I'm curious, though - how do you know what's good for yourself and the nation/world at large?
    Because I'm vastly superior in terms of intellect compared to the bulk of humanity, and my visionary methods will lead to a greater end then what most others could offer.

    I only assert what I think might be the best solution; I can't say for certain that my methods are better than any other, and if someone else is willing to share a better perspective on this matter, then I may be willing to conform my opinion to theirs.

    I don't know anything. What I advocate is nothing more than a personal opinion of how I want things to be. For me, a monarchist state with myself on top is the highest ideal.

  6. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The similarities are that someone stands between the people and the ability to steer where the country is going. The difference is that the people have a say in electing representatives, and representatives don't serve for life.

    Don't talk down to me like you actually think I'm that dumb...

    I'm not.
    I dont think your dumb, I was just being provocative cause you dident ansewer several of my questions in the original post.




    I think forcing or attempting to involve the people so directly in the nuts and bolts of governance would do more harm than good. First because, as others have stated, the people generally, even with the glorious awesomeness of the internet, still don't have time to form a seriously informed opinion about shit.

    They can barely form an opinion about who to vote for, or even where they stand on most issues.

    It would not be an efficient use of the people's time to have to all study this shit for a vote that they would probably not even care about anyway.

    Not to mention the fact that making it that easy to vote for shit is a recipe for corruption and fraud (even more than we have today).

    I'm not trying to say the public is dumb here, what I'm trying to say is that, it takes so much time to get even remedial knowledge on most issues, that it would be unreasonable to expect the people to be able (or even want to) vote on most bills.
    Yes i know what you are saying and the reason for me starting to get provocative in my argument was that i have adressed these issues several times earlier on in this thread.

    That being said, I'm a HUGE proponent of congress posting prospective legislation online for the public to read prior to the vote on the bill.
    Great point.

    I'm angry because you keep talking down to me, like a self superior douche nozzle.

    You can spout your ridiculous opinions all you want.

    It's a free country and a free internet.
    Not at all my intention. Haha ridiculous thanks for being kind most people probably consider me totally crazy.
    "Im right here, Deal with me!"

  7. #57
    Senior Member Munchies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno
    Posts
    474

    Default

    i propsed this a month ago, glad the idea is catching on
    1+1=3 OMFG

Similar Threads

  1. Google, democracy and the truth about internet search
    By nonsequitur in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-08-2016, 11:23 AM
  2. getting oriented via Ni
    By Prometheus in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 10:48 AM
  3. Kama Sutra Positions for Internet Writers
    By sdalek in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 11:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO