User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 66

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I personally couldnt live with that sort of inconsistency, it seems like a kind of cognitive dissonance to me.
    Essentially the person wants to be in a position of power, but needs to also feel a sense of balance in life, a place where they can "let go" and not have to be under the stress of always having to make all of the decisions.

  2. #22
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I didnt equate it with political and social equality, I was talking about womans liberation, granted that is a part of it, although it does seem like subordination is not something women want to fight if this is any guide. They all want to submit to the man. All women dont need to be reading it but virtually everyone I've spoken to in the last couple of days are and I've contact with a lot of different women daily.
    Yes, but I've noticed that you have VERY PARTICULAR political and social morals, so there is a wee bit possibility that the many women you speak with perhaps (just maybe) share similar underlying psychology or at least possibly similar values.

    Personally I like to watch movies like this:





    Does that mean I want to murder my brother? Of course not.

    However what it really says about me is that I like to see women in positions of vengeance or power, because I get sick of the ideal that men somehow are the only one's entitled to be bad ass.

    And I feel ZERO cognitive dissonance playing a femme domme on the Internet, but actually sometimes referring to my *real* lovers as daddy IRL.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yes, but I've noticed that you have VERY PARTICULAR political and social morals, so there is a wee bit possibility that the many women you speak with perhaps (just maybe) share similar underlying psychology or at least possibly similar values.

    Personally I like to watch movies like this:





    Does that mean I want to murder my brother? Of course not.

    However what it really says about me is that I like to see women in positions of vengeance or power, because I get sick of the ideal that men somehow are the only one's entitled to be bad ass.

    And I feel ZERO cognitive dissonance playing a femme domme on the Internet, but actually sometimes referring to my *real* lovers as daddy IRL.
    If you say so, do you generalise your experience to everyone else?

  4. #24
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    When I read Discworld and Heinlein on my Kindle I wonder if people think I'm reading erotic lit.

  5. #25
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    I have no familiarity with the movement and what social group of women it is appealing to so it is hard to speculate. Here in the states a similar theme is seen esp imo among ixfx/fp women with the vampire genre. Personally, I think it is related to 1) a desire for extreme intimacy with b) a feeling that relationships/the world are dark/fearful.

    Usually, the female protagonist encounters the dark brooding sort of male who represents power, but who is usually emotionally tormented. The female protagonist opens his heart and "calms the savage beast so to speak." Though there are definitely elements of psychological and sexual domination vs. emotional control
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  6. #26
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    If you say so, do you generalise your experience to everyone else?
    No I do not.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    No I do not.
    Marms I know you just want a hug.

  8. #28
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I have no familiarity with the movement and what social group of women it is appealing to so it is hard to speculate. Here in the states a similar theme is seen esp imo among ixfx/fp women with the vampire genre. Personally, I think it is related to 1) a desire for extreme intimacy with b) a feeling that relationships/the world are dark/fearful.

    Usually, the female protagonist encounters the dark brooding sort of male who represents power, but who is usually emotionally tormented. The female protagonist opens his heart and "calms the savage beast so to speak." Though there are definitely elements of psychological and sexual domination vs. emotional control
    Bolded may not be far off. Although I reserve the right to remove myself from the FP women interested in it.

  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I have no familiarity with the movement and what social group of women it is appealing to so it is hard to speculate. Here in the states a similar theme is seen esp imo among ixfx/fp women with the vampire genre. Personally, I think it is related to 1) a desire for extreme intimacy with b) a feeling that relationships/the world are dark/fearful.

    Usually, the female protagonist encounters the dark brooding sort of male who represents power, but who is usually emotionally tormented. The female protagonist opens his heart and "calms the savage beast so to speak." Though there are definitely elements of psychological and sexual domination vs. emotional control
    So your theory is that FP wimminz think Vampires are smexy?

    I do like the Bram Stoker's Dracula film, as well as Snow White: A Tale of Terror and the novel (not any of the films ) Wuthering Heights, all which kind of have a "dark" sexuality.

    I don't really care for the novel, Dracula, though, as it is a preachy tale of Victorian sexual morality, and the female heroine is some kind of horrid ISFJ stereotype.

    Twilight just sucks.

  10. #30
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Marms I know you just want a hug.
    Hey I've never denied that I like hugs.

    I think it's just that you want to hug me.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] What is the key to success?
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 02:29 AM
  2. What Do the Other Temperaments Think of You?
    By LunarMoon in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 04:03 AM
  3. What are the motifs (central themes) of visual art?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 08:42 AM
  4. [NT] What Does Your Thinking Decision Stream of Consciousness Look Like?
    By SquirrelTao in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 05:35 PM
  5. [MBTItm] What Does Your Feeling Decision Stream of Consciousness Look Like?
    By SquirrelTao in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 12:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO