User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default Sexual Victimization in Juvenile Facilities

As we all know, men are significantly more violent than women and pretty much all rape is perpetrated by men. That said, I am troubled by a USDOJ report that was published in 2010.

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/svjfry09.pdf

In the highlights section, it mentions the following:

Approximately 95% of all youths reporting staff sexual misconduct said they had been victimized be female staff. In 2008, 42% of staff in state juvenile facilities were female.
    Are all of these juveniles lying because they're misogynists? Are men threatening the juveniles? Are men forcing female staff to "abuse" the juveniles against their will, while they get off watching? Surely something else must be going on because we know for a fact that least 95% of all pedophiles and rapists are male.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Yeah, I can't see that as being accurate.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Yeah, I can't see that as being accurate.
    LOL, sad. If a report came out stating the exact opposite, you wouldn't think twice before accepting it as gospel.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

95% of one gender being sexually deviant....yeah, I'd question it either way since I know a large proportion of sexual pervs are female.

You'll have to try harder if you wanna catch me in your web.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

95% of one gender being sexually deviant....yeah, I'd question it either way since I know a large proportion of sexual pervs are female.
    That's already the prevailing cultural belief, that one gender is responsible for 95% or more of all sexual misconduct.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Well, it's not my belief.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Well, it's not my belief.
    Then what do you think happened here? Is this part of a conspiracy to label the victims as the perpetrators?

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I'd have to read the study. It probably wasn't conducted properly. One poor study does not a statistic make.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Doesn't have to be an overt ''assault''/brute force upon a minor for it to be deemed sexual misconduct/rape. Women are more than capable of merely coercing young juveniles into performing sexual acts through various forms of manipulation through reward/penalty, threats, and other tactics. Even if there appeared to be mutual consent, the job position alone likely prohibits sexual behavior with these individuals- so on that rule alone, it's a sexual misonduct. I mean, sure- factor in that these kids may have a higher propensity to lie- but I imagine there's some truth to it..
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'd have to read the study. It probably wasn't conducted properly. One poor study does not a statistic make.
    The methodology used is in the report.