User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    These juveniles (mostly male) probably deserved it.
    If you are suggesting I was implying that, you've succeeded in offending me. Good job.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

You're probably right. I don't think it's "common knowledge" that female prison employees also assault a significant number of prisoners for people who don't have your knowledge.
    Yeah, other people I've disussed it with are likely just speculating vs actually being informed.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    If you are suggesting I was implying that, you've succeeded in offending me. Good job.
    I wasn't implying that was your personal opinion. It's an accepted opinion in our society. When males are victims, it's perfectly acceptable to say they probably did something to deserve it. You can even say that on national TV to get some laughs.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

That's an interesting tidbit. More details can be found in Table 11 and the surrounding paragraphs, if you scroll through the pdf:

1) Far more males than females are incarcerated (91 vs. 9%) and there are more male staff members (58 vs 42%)

2) 92% of all reported sexual activity (forced or not) is female staff/male youth and 3% is male staff/female youth. 1.7% is male staff/male youth and 0% female staff/female youth. The remaining ~3% described incidents from both male and female staff.

3) These figures include both forced and non-forced activities (but there are no huge differences - male staff are overrepresented in the forced group vs. non-forced, but not by a ton)

4) Sexual activities include oral, manual and penetrative sex, lumped together. I was curious but couldn't find a male-female breakdown of these.

5) From Table 8, it seems that 11% of male youth and 5% of female youth are victimized by staff overall; however 2% of male youth and 9% of female youth are victimized by other youth.

So there's clearly a strong tendency for these activities to be heterosexual, and it looks like male youth are slightly more likely than female youth to be victimized by staff - I'd hazard a guess that female youth are probably more carefully supervised and/or that male staff members are more afraid of being caught. This study shows that the male youth have a need for increased protection from staff, and that female youth have a need for increased protection from other youth.
    -end of thread-

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I wasn't implying that was your personal opinion. It's an accepted opinion in our society. When males are victims, it's perfectly acceptable to say they probably did something to deserve it. You can even say it on national TV to get some laughs.
    You realize you sound exactly like the people who claim that it's socially accepted opinion that a girl deserves to be raped when she wears slutty clothing?

I've never met that part of society, apparently. I mostly just meet the part of society that likes to claim that the other part of society makes those accusations.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    You realize you sound exactly like the people who claim that it's socially accepted opinion that a girl deserves to be raped when she wears slutty clothing?

I've never met that part of society, apparently. I mostly just meet the part of society that likes to claim that the other part of society makes those accusations.
    You must live in a cave.

[YOUTUBE="muuFygvXPAM"]It's quite fabulous[/YOUTUBE]
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    So there's clearly a strong tendency for these activities to be heterosexual, and it looks like male youth are slightly more likely than female youth to be victimized by staff - I'd hazard a guess that female youth are probably more carefully supervised and/or that male staff members are more afraid of being caught. This study shows that the male youth have a need for increased protection from staff, and that female youth have a need for increased protection from other youth.
    I wonder if a female prison guard could sue the juvenile she raped for child support if she got pregnant.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I wonder if a female prison guard could sue the juvenile she raped for child support if she got pregnant.
    One would hope not. Mind you as I mentioned, the study doesn't distinguish between penetrative and non-penetrative sex, so it's unclear how many of the incidents were "rape" in the sense that you seem to be using it.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    One would hope not. Mind you as I mentioned, the study doesn't distinguish between penetrative and non-penetrative sex, so it's unclear how many of the incidents were "rape" in the sense that you seem to be using it.
    It has happened.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...1_T0B1RSR.html

In this case the male rape victim was not a prisoner, but legal precedent has been set. Female rapists can sue their male victims for child support.

Are you saying statutory rape is not "rape"? I'm curious as to why you don't think this is "rape".

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

It has happened.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...1_T0B1RSR.html

In this case the male rape victim was not a prisoner, but legal precedent has been set. Female rapists can sue their male victims for child support.

Are you saying statutory rape is not "rape"? I'm curious as to why you don't think this is "rape".
    Should be interesting to see where this goes.