First 1234 Last

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Is it your assertion that women are more likely to be sexual molesters?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It really bothers me that you laced a perfectly good topic of conversation... With accusations and sarcasm. Why do you make such an effort to pick a fight over it?

I find it believable. When I first read it, it sounded absurd but i lacked context for the statistic. Upon looking more carefully, it says that 10.3% of youth reported an incident involving staff. Given that 91% of those youths are male.... It makes sense to me that a high number of these abuses would be by females. While I'm sure male on male abuse happens, it seems obvious that the majority would be heterosexual.

Honestly, I'm not sure why the concern here is on gender of those involved. I find the prevalence if sexual assault both between other youths and staff to be the alarming part. But yeah, why don't we just make the issue feminism. That totally makes sense.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Is it your assertion that women are more likely to be sexual molesters?
    Nope, but it could be true. Unfortunately, so much effort has been put forth to show that men are violent and women are victims that we, as a society, really have no quantifiable idea of how violent women actually are.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    It really bothers me that you laced a perfectly good topic of conversation... With accusations and sarcasm. Why do you make such an effort to pick a fight over it?

I find it believable. When I first read it, it sounded like you were saying that 95% of male youth's were abused by females. Upon looking more carefully, it says that 10.3% of youth reported an incident involving staff. Given that 91% of those youths are male.... It makes sense to me that a high number of these abuses would be by females. While I'm sure male on male abuse happens, it seems obvious that the majority would be heterosexual.

Honestly, I'm not sure why the concern here is on gender of those involved. I find the prevalence if sexual assault both between other youths and staff to be the alarming part. But yeah, why don't we just make the issue feminism. That totally makes sense.
    This report is more than two years old. If you don't use some inflammatory language, no one will notice. And if the situation had been reversed, we absolutely would have had heard about it. When women are the perpetrators, there's usually some justification given. These juveniles (mostly male) probably deserved it.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Seems to be a pretty well done report.

So women workers in juvenile homes are twice as likely as male workers to sexually exploit adjudicants, at the rate of 1 out of 10 boys, and 1 out of 25 girls, usually non-forcefully.

Sounds like the notion that women are safer is starting to prove incorrect.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    This report is more than two years old. If you don't use some inflammatory language, no one will notice. And if the situation had been reversed, we absolutely would have had heard about it. When women are the perpetrators, there's usually some justification given. These juveniles (mostly male) probably deserved it.
    I was of the impression that assaults of this nature within the prison systems [including various juvenile detention centers] were commonplace. Like, having a detailed study on it isn't necessarily breaking news, by any means, though the stats do offer some degree of dimension.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post

I find it believable. When I first read it, it sounded like you were saying that 95% of male youth's were abused by females. Upon looking more carefully, it says that 10.3% of youth reported an incident involving staff. Given that 91% of those youths are male.... It makes sense to me that a high number of these abuses would be by females. While I'm sure male on male abuse happens, it seems obvious that the majority would be heterosexual.

Well thought-out post. Numbers alone point to a straight-forward logic. Ofc, that will not stop yet another heated debated fueled by fiery spirits with deep, menacing existential turmoil.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I was of the impression that assaults of this nature within the prison systems [including various juvenile detention centers] were commonplace. Like, having a detailed study on it isn't necessarily breaking news, by any means, though the stats do offer some degree of dimension.
    It should be news when the findings defy expectation.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    It should be news when the findings defy expectation.
    I meant, I was of the impression it was commonplace-regardless of gender- but perhaps that may also be from personally knowing people who work within said systems.. though others who've discussed it around me before seem to more or less acknowledge similar understandings, as well, hence my assumption it wasn't necessarily new information being presented to the general public.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I meant, I was of the impression it was commonplace-regardless of gender- but perhaps that may also be from personally knowing people who work within said systems.
    You're probably right. I don't think it's "common knowledge" that female prison employees also assault a significant number of prisoners for people who don't have your knowledge.