User Tag List

Thread: Better Together

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Default Better Together

Former chancellor Alistair Darling launched his anti Scottish Independence campaign to save the union today warning Scotland that if they left there would be no way back.
    I think Scotland is due to vote on it in 2014, I think, I don't know.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-18572750

I'd personally hate to see the country break up, for some reason... Long live the Union Jack.

I'm 100% for Scottish indepedence.

I'd also be 100% for a future act of union between Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and an independent Scotland.

The english are just worried about whether or not they'll have access to north sea oil if their dependency on money changers finally derails, the sorts of lousy logic which english voters eat up and has resulted in repeated tory misrule of the entire UK have rightly alienated the scottish and anyone else who could sue for independence.

For one moment I felt sorry for the Labour party and listened to their pleas about "please dont abandon the north of england" to tory "planned decline" but after a short time I just got tired of it, it really was just a matter of playing on sympathies which are strong outside of england but not strong enough within england to influence politics.

About a quater mile radius of london is calling the shots for the entire country, setting the political agenda, determining access to education, social policy, economic policy and fighting a vicious battle in favour of millionaires who're out of touch but cunning enough to exploit peoples dislike of hopeless welfare hounds.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Politics is concerned with present moment power relationships among people, who are a big nobody on the vast cosmic scale where the ultimate destiny of mankind is for the eternities, the virtue of science!

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

I want to know why there would be no going back for Scotland; is this just a scare tactic from Parliment (in Westminster) or... what?

Politics and national idienty aside, why wouldn't Scotland be allowed back? Would it be a question of allowing or again, what and why not?
    Why would politics care so much as to break up the union? F**k trade.
    It shouldn't be about money, these threats of 'never again' if you break away and stuff; to Scotland that is.

MBTI
    INTP

Being (in part) ethnically as well as (to a greater extent) culturally descended from all parts of Britain, I'm less than enthusiastic about the prospect, especially since it means my countries' strongest reliable ally becomes weaker.