User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

As an adult who has been in charge of douchey children before, I was pretty surprised when I watched that video that she didn't exert her adult power, as would have been appropriate in that situation. Of course, it's possible that she has tried before and gotten disappointing results--I know what that's like. I am personally glad that the anonymous internet has expressed empathy in the form of dollars for her (I don't think there's anything wrong with it, anyway), but damn, she gets paid to be a bus monitor, so she should monitor their asses. I don't know what power she has, but I would have separated them and then written each asshole up immediately AND called their fucking parents. I would have also given them a lecture about kindness.

#whyimnotateacheranymore
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That video was too painful to watch all the way through.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers. "
    /Socrates 399 BC
    "Im right here, Deal with me!"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I haven't watched the whole video and I hate bullying because I was bullied but wasn't this a bus monitor? If these kids were bullying a kid would she not do anything? I'm not sure if bullying authority figures is common now but it seems like they need more authority in the figures.

Buses are horrible, I had a teacher tell me just to get used to it, she couldn't get anything done as teacher when her kids had problems on the bus. I would hope if we ever got bus monitors, like I've wanted to for a while, that they could actually make the bus a better place for the kids.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Myrtle View Post
    "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers. "
    /Socrates 399 BC
    I wish people would take time to understand this before they continue to sputter on about "but...but...moral...decline...kids these days...tits...ass..." and so on and so forth. Especially when - as it usually does - this kind of whining comes packaged with lots of hand-wringing and an insufferable kind of nostalgia in which the prospect of self-aggrandizement is the only real pleasure to be had.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I wish people would take time to understand this before they continue to sputter on about "but...but...moral...decline...kids these days...tits...ass..." and so on and so forth.
    Agreed. I thinks its importent to put things in perspective, and to realize that many times stimulated children are almost never a problem and I mean real stimuli not teve and videogames (not that theres something wrong with that) but you need to talk to your kids, about life and philosophy, you need to take them training, into the woods, to museums.

I have 4 younger siblings the youngest 10. And there all great. I'm actually surprised how great they are considering how much shit I pulled as a kid.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Its like those kids that threw pine cones at a tiger at a zoo in some city in Us or Canada and the tiger jumped out and killed them. Some people blame the kids, and yeah sure you shouldent threw shit at animals but who here never did stupid shit as a kid? But i blame the zoo for fucks sake if you gonna put a predator in the middle of the city put a lid on the top of his box...