3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Vote!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

In an exclusive choice, I have voted. In a non-exclusive choice, I vote libertarian (or independent, if one tickles my fancy, or sometimes a republican that is sensible (I can't complain about our member of the house, for instance, but he's stepping down, sadly)).
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Enneagram
    1w2

Threads merged

Fixing the poll.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Well if we are toting our favorite presidents now, then I'm going with Abraham Lincoln. Racist turned Emancipator. The man who both struck off and ended the bloodiest war in American history. And of course, his wife was the Dick Cheney of that era.
    May 1862
    "Our republican system was meant for a homogeneous people. As long as blacks continue to live with the whites they constitute a threat to the national life. Family life may also collapse and the increase of mixed breed bastards may some day challenge the supremacy of the white man."

Aug 1862
    "You and we are different races. We have between us a broader difference than exists between almost any other two races. Whether it is right or wrong I need not discuss, but this physical difference is a great disadvantage to us both, as I think your race suffers very greatly, many of them, by living among us, while ours suffers from your presence. In a word, we suffer on each side. If this is admitted, it affords a reason at least why we should be separated.

... Even when you cease to be slaves, you are yet far removed from being placed on an equality with the white race ... The aspiration of men is to enjoy equality with the best when free, but on this broad continent, not a single man of your race is made the equal of a single man of ours. Go where you are treated the best, and the ban is still upon you.

... We look to our condition, owing to the existence of the two races on this continent. I need not recount to you the effects upon white men growing out of the institution of slavery. I believe in its general evil effects on the white race.

See our present condition -- the country engaged in war! -- our white men cutting one another's throats, none knowing how far it will extend; and then consider what we know to be the truth. But for your race among us there could not be war, although many men engaged on either side do not care for you one way or the other. Nevertheless, I repeat, without the institution of slavery, and the colored race as a basis, the war would not have an existence.

It is better for us both, therefore, to be separated."

Aug 1862
    "My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that. What I do about slavery and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union ..."

He was a child of his time. A racist turned racist emancipator by pragmatism. Sure his acts had a wonderful effect, but it was not one he wanted or anticipated.

(Quotes are from The Great Emancipator Abraham Lincoln and the Issue of Race)
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INTP

Default McCain vs. Obama smack down

Which of the two are you NOT going to support and why?

I am interested in attempting to uncover some of the psychology. Knowing what I know about psychology I can tell you most people will not know exactly why they do or do not support a candidate. People make decisions based on emotion (in the subconscious mind) and then rationalize / justify in the conscious mind. The rationalizations are not rational at all and create an illusion of objectivity.

If possible try to describe the pictures that may be in your head as you think of your choice?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm not going to vote for Obama. The moment I found out he voted against a bill to ban the killing of infants born alive from failed abortions while in the state senate in Illinois, I could never support him for anything ever. His explanation for why he voted against it was one of the biggest crocks of crap I have ever heard too. He's a slick opportunist who's riding a wave of Anybody-but-Bush sentiment and will hopefully crash right into a passing ship.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Neither. As the Great George Carlin once said, "Politicians are only put there to make you think that you have a choice, you don't, you have owners." (paraphrased)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

They both suck. McCain sucks a little bit less (but not much).

Obama is taking campaigning to a new level, though. Apparently he thinks citizens of other countries can vote in our elections.

Obama camp plasters posters at Western Wall
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

I will not support McCain. He is the candidate of empire, patriarchy, corporatism, unreason and superstition. He's also a complete psycho.

For me, voting is usually a choice between stupid and evil.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I'm not going to vote for Obama. The moment I found out he voted against a bill to ban the killing of infants born alive from failed abortions while in the state senate in Illinois, I could never support him for anything ever. His explanation for why he voted against it was one of the biggest crocks of crap I have ever heard too. He's a slick opportunist who's riding a wave of Anybody-but-Bush sentiment and will hopefully crash right into a passing ship.
    Dude, wait...what?

MBTI
    enfp

i don't see how mccain can win other than pandering to the white identity in charge thing.

but who knows. will things really change? lol

this is getting so serious. lol

but yeah, i think california and texas should become independent states/countries. whoever lets that happen should be president. lol