First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I'd vote McCain just because I hate lawyers
    And I seriously doubt that voting for any of them would in fact make a change, since the U.S. is controlled by corporate interests. Of course you guys are free to say that is not the case, etc. *cough*oil!*cough*

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFP

re Jen: He's Republican this time around, I thought.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    ^ He's still in the race?
    He is. He never suspended his campaign, but the McCain already has the necessary amount of delegates for the nomination. He will be back in Congress next year.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ESFJ

Letter from Donald Boudreaux at George Mason University to the New York Times:

I'm flabbergasted by the faith that people - left, right, and center - put in politics and in the candidates du jour. Millions of Americans today famously believe that a President Obama will fundamentally "change" America (into what, though, is unclear). And today, David Brooks suggests that a President McCain might well quash special-interest-group politics and turn Uncle Sam's attention chiefly to the general interest ("Talking Versus Doing," May 20).

These are delusions. I'll bet $100 that, regardless of which candidate wins the White House, in 2013 the federal budget will still contain agricultural subsidies and tariffs that take billions of dollars from the many to give to the few - that a majority of Members of Congress will continue to successfully sponsor earmarks - that the unfunded liabilities of Social Security and Medicare will be no smaller than they are today - and that partisan bickering will be every bit as much a part of the daily news as it is now.

Politics delivers Svengalis, not salvation.

Sincerely,
    Donald J. Boudreaux

I want them all to lose.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

^ Why?

Dana you are correct. I haven't followed the other candidates much (obviously).
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Ron Paul is republican. There's still a significant group of people who believe in his message, I guess you could say. There's a march going on in July in DC by his supporters. I have a few friends who are all nutjob-passionate about his cause (the INFP cheerleading the sentiment among the group) and they're all going.

Not sure exactly what they're trying to accomplish.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Ron Paul is republican. There's still a significant group of people who believe in his message, I guess you could say. There's a march going on in July in DC by his supporters. I have a few friends who are all nutjob-passionate about his cause (the INFP cheerleading the sentiment among the group) and they're all going.

Not sure exactly what they're trying to accomplish.
    I got to meet Ron this past weekend. The supporters he still has are pretty hardcore. There are a number of "Ron Paul Republicans" running for Congress and state legislatures this year. I don't agree with him on all points, but it is refreshing to see someone so freedom-oriented in the federal government. In his new book, he really takes Congress to task for ceding the power to go to war to the President.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post

I want them all to lose.
    McCain is pretty much a democrat, fiscally. It's true. But there are more important considerations than agricultural subsidies, when it comes down to voting.
    I just don't want to be nuked.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Ron Paul.
    Hell yeah! My friend V and I (both bigtime Democrats) are plotting to start campaigning for Ron Paul around August. Nader did it to us, damn it! It is time for some Libertarian to take away votes from a Republican!!!
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I got to meet Ron this past weekend. The supporters he still has are pretty hardcore. There are a number of "Ron Paul Republicans" running for Congress and state legislatures this year. I don't agree with him on all points, but it is refreshing to see someone so freedom-oriented in the federal government. In his new book, he really takes Congress to task for ceding the power to go to war to the President.
    Ah, nice. So would it be a fair statement to say that Ron Paul's cause isn't the presidency per se, but more of an inside job towards changing the politics of Congress?