User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    When it is free/f2p.

You can keep asking me that question.

And I'll keep saying that the companies need to change their business models.
    Where are you coming from? If a game is advertised as free, then have at it. Otherwise, blaming your piracy on a flaw in a "business model" is weak as hell.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Where are you coming from? If a game is advertised as free, then have at it. Otherwise, blaming your piracy on a flaw in a "business model" is weak as hell.
    Or does that mean you just don't or don't want to understand the business model?

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Or does that mean you just don't or don't want to understand the business model?
    It really has nothing at all to do with the business model itself... If someone is putting them self out there as an entrepreneur then they deserve either a. your business or b. your ignorance. It's the same ethic as walking up to a 3rd grader's lemonade stand. The choice is yours...

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    MPAA
    RIAA
    SOPA
    PIPA
    CISPA
    ACTA
    TPP
    ITU
    "Un"- global business model <--- meaning they are stuck in making it only regional.
    Possible laws that will make everything you buy from your phone to your books the property of the company that sells them.
    Possible laws to make it illegal to sell second hand games, books, etc. After all, they are already making sure that you can't resell your games.

All things that don't consider the consumer. There is even more than this, but these are just some of the things that I don't like about what these companies are trying enact. I am happy to show you more bills that lobbyist are asking for that could care less about you.

And before I blow a top, this is what i said to @jontherobot

Other than that, I am not as extreme as you take me to be in this internet business.

Considering all these bills proposed that have been very.... not so great with the internet, the people who have been making these laws aren't thinking carefully. (the MPAA RIAA as 2 striking examples)

Most people aren't for piracy. Most people aren't for bills that invade civil liberties in the name of copyright laws either. A lot of people don't like the restriction of information.

So I am in all three of those camps.

A window to the soul

Have y'all noticed that a lot of the YouTube music videos that used to be blocked in the U.S. are now available?

Bands like Seven Mary Three and Better Than Ezra were impossible to find on YouTube until a couple of months ago. There used to be nothing but cover music.

I wonder what happened.

MBTI
    STUF

Youtube/Google is constantly working to set up agreements with record companies so that they can reasonably handle the mass amounts of "pirated" material that gets uploaded
    Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Have y'all noticed that a lot of the YouTube music videos that used to be blocked in the U.S. are now available?

Bands like Seven Mary Three and Better Than Ezra were impossible to find on YouTube until a couple of months ago. There used to be nothing but cover music.

I wonder what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Youtube/Google is constantly working to set up agreements with record companies so that they can reasonably handle the mass amounts of "pirated" material that gets uploaded
    Something to that matter, don't remember the amount but Google gets a huge load of take-down requests both on Google AND Youtube, and it has been increasing on a monthly bases.

WALMART

I wonder what happened.
    Yeah, it's awesome. I just noticed a few days ago. I've been listening to entire soundgarden albums, they even have full movies like the thin red line and stuff.

Im sure google pays for the rights? I really dont know.

WALMART

I wonder what happened.
    Yeah, it's awesome. I just noticed a few days ago. I've been listening to entire soundgarden albums, they even have full movies like the thin red line and stuff.

Im sure google pays for the rights? I really dont know.

MBTI
    INTJ

Just out of interest, would anyone care to list the substantial differences between the internet and a public library?

Volume, title availability, loan limits, size of membership, government mandate, corporate cooperation of some sort ... any others? Any substantial and telling?

Do libraries pay the same price as everyone else per book? Do they have the same "ownership"? Who owns a library book?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr