User Tag List

First 34567 Last

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    It's simply because it's so god damn easy to do that people somehow justify it in their minds. To make things even less black and white, there's the whole element of "copying" something that was rightfully purchased. "It's my property; I should be able to do with it as I please." I don't share in that school of thought though, because eventually it becomes so convoluted to the point where you've got a file from John Doe in South Korea, and so do tens of thousands of others. All of which haven't paid a dime towards the artists.

I believe you hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    You have not brought anything substantive to the argument with this post, other than confirm the fact that I posted valid evidence countering your claim. You specifically cited EA as a company with bad reputation for their handling of DRM, then gave Blizzard as an opposite. I showed you Blizzard is having to turn into the same thing EA is to protect what is legally theirs.

So.... do you have anything substantive to add? Other than you purchased a game once -_-
    Do you? Is there a reason why Blizzard is more likeable than EA even after taking these steps. I wonder.

Give me more of those substance of yours. Please, it is obviously that you know more about me than me. It is obvious that you don't know that I do play P2P MMOs even if there are alternatives.

It is obvious that you don't know shit about P2P/F2P MMOs to make an assumption of pirating.

While you buy 20 friggin cd's at $60 a pop a year, I can stick to my MMOs thank you very much.

Have fun spending 1.2k a year while I only spend 0-$200 a year for my MMOs

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Do you? Is there a reason why Blizzard is more likeable than EA even after taking these steps. I wonder.

Give me more of those substance of yours. Please, it is obviously that you know more about me than me. It is obvious that you don't know that I do play P2P MMOs even if there are alternatives.

It is obvious that you don't know shit about P2P/F2P mmos to make an assumption of pirating.

Okay, so you changed your argument from "i bought a game once" to "i subscribe to a few MMO's. lol.

Hopefully I impacted your thinking slightly on the topic of pirating. I suppose we're at a deadlock.

WALMART

It is obvious that you don't know shit about P2P/F2P mmos to make an assumption of pirating.

While you buy 20 friggin cd's at $60 a pop a year, I can stick to my MMOs thank you very much.

Have fun spending 1.2k a year while I only spend 0-$200 a year for my MMOs

Fucking double posts. Now I have to write more. But so have you, so I will add that and talk about it a hair.

How do you know I know nothing about F2P and P2P models? I play both WoW and EVE online, as well as Battlefield Heroes and Battlefield (F2P). I'm glad developers are expanding their business models into the free realm to help alleviate the damage that pirateers do when doin' their thing.

Okay, so you changed your argument from "i bought a game once" to "i subscribe to a few MMO's. lol.

Hopefully I impacted your thinking slightly on the topic of pirating. I suppose we're at a deadlock.
    Nope, because my original statement still stands. If companies changed their models, there wouldn't be this mess.

And I wouldn't be hating on companies, but you're funny to think I don't buy my games.

I don't buy games that are crap when I can spend a better time on MMOs.

And I do own a Wii and PS3.

WALMART

Nope, because my original statement still stands. If companies changed their models, there wouldn't be this mess.

And I wouldn't be hating on companies, but you're funny to think I don't buy my games.

I don't buy games that are crap when I can spend a better time on MMOs.

And I do own a Wii and PS3.

I don't think that you don't buy games. But I do think that you think it's okay to not buy games and still get the benefit as if you had, just because you don't want to use your capital worth.

I don't think that you don't buy games. But I do think that you think it's okay to not buy games and still get the benefit as if you had, just because you don't want to use your capital worth.
    I spent 6 years on FFXI (until they completely messed it up by making the game easier so it can compete with WoW.) So that tells you how much I liked the game. I do plan on buying GW2 or FFXIV(when they change to 2.0)

Not only was it cheaper than buying a ton of single games that were just going to sit on dust when I finished them, but the experience was so much better than finishing a mediocre solo game.

I do have the occasional games that I do play outside of MMORPGs (SC2, MW3, Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts, etc) but those are games I am waiting in anticipation because I like how the companies do them.

WALMART

I spent 6 years on FFXI (until they completely messed it up by making the game easier so it can compete with WoW.) So that tells you how much I liked the game. I do plan on buying GW2 or FFXIV(when they change to 2.0)

Not only was it cheaper than buying a ton of single games that were just going to sit on dust when I finished them, but the experience was so much better than finishing a mediocre solo game.

I do have the occasional games that I do play outside of MMORPGs (SC2, MW3, Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts, etc) but those are games I am waiting in anticipation because I like how the companies do them.

Okay, I'll assume you paid for those games.

When is it okay to not pay for a game?

MBTI
    INTJ

Dear internet Scums,

are you saying you don't have licenses for those avatar images?!

Have you no self respect?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Okay, I'll assume you paid for those games.

When is it okay to not pay for a game?
    When it is free/f2p.

You can keep asking me that question.

And I'll keep saying that the companies need to change their business models.