We exist.
    Everybody knows it,
    It's a fact. Kiss, kiss.

And you can't keep your hands off.
    Me, or your pants on.
    See what you've done to me?
    Give me Chevron.

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    There is no defense for copyright infringement. Just because it's so easy to share doesn't mean it's right, or should be right.
    Neither. Quite frankly, Pascal could be cited for copyright infringement, I don't see why we don't change "Pascal's" Triangle to something else since, obviously, he wasn't the one that discovered it.

I've been in both the art field and the programming fields in varying degrees.
    I know what they do that can annoy most of their consumers that they are trying to take in.
    I know what the IP rules are suppose to protect or what they "believe" to protect.

There is a reason why such companies like EA has such a hated reputation compared to say... Blizzard.

There is no defense for corporations that could careless about their consumers/workers and only care about $$$.
    There is no defense of trying to implement an old law that was meant for tangible art to be thrust upon a digital world that has been built on information sharing.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well it's because you've been so indoctrinated in hyper-capitalism that of course you feel that way, you fear lack, you've been trained to your entire life unless you're upper middle class or above.

Of course doing blue collar work for free would be like slavery.

However, sharing information is not the same. No one is saying that ARTISTS should not get paid. Part of the reason piracy exists is because of the companies that sell records (just as an example), not because of the artists themselves.

Programming code is blue collar! Anyone who pirates said programs are STEALING FOOD off of the developers table!

No amount of mental gymnastics can change that fact.

BTW, I'm pro-information sharing. There are plenty of information sets with free reign on their use... but it can't all be free, ya know?

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Neither. Quite frankly, Pascal could be cited for copyright infringement, I don't see why we don't change "Pascal's" Triangle to something else since, obviously, he wasn't the one that discovered it.

I've been in both the art field and the programming fields in varying degrees.
    I know what they do that can annoy most of their consumers that they are trying to take in.
    I know what the IP rules are suppose to protect or what they "believe" to protect.

There is a reason why such companies like EA has such a hated reputation compared to say... Blizzard.

There is no defense for corporations that could careless about their consumers/workers and only care about $$$.
    There is no defense of trying to implement an old law that was meant for tangible art to be thrust upon a digital world.

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/new...-72-hours.html

This was done by Blizzard to help stop people like you.

Get the fuck out of here with that new age digital world bullshit. The digital world is the physical world.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post

Get the fuck out of here with that new age digital world bullshit. The digital world is the physical world.
    It's so sad to me when working class people defend corporations, as if mega corps are victims like you are.

It's so amazing. I always marvel at this trick's success, especially when the victim is not swayed by the religious rhetoric of the right.

WALMART

It's so sad to me when working class people defend corporations, as if mega corps are victims like you are.

It's so amazing. I always marvel at this trick's success, especially when the victim is not swayed by the religious rhetoric of the right.

Not every corporation is a money squandering entity that slaves its people into being mindless heathens -_-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Not every corporation is a money squandering entity that slaves its people into being mindless heathens -_-
    I promote small business, local business, and family owned business. Mega corps have driven out real capitalism.

DURRRRRRRRRRRR, as if I don't think that companies like Blizzard don't do that.

Who do you think you're talking to? Someone that doesn't know what game companies do and do not do correctly?

I mean, I do own a physical disk of SC2.

WALMART

I promote small business, local business, and family owned business. Mega corps have driven out real capitalism.

Okay, me too. You should be very against pirating then. How is a small guy like me supposed to make money writing code when the law (if pirateers had their way) blatantly states my work is free reign for anyone with connection to a wall outlet?

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    DURRRRRRRRRRRR, as if I don't think that companies like Blizzard don't do that.

Who do you think you're talking to? Someone that doesn't know what game companies do and do not do correctly?

I mean, I do own a physical disk of SC2.

You have not brought anything substantive to the argument with this post, other than confirm the fact that I posted valid evidence countering your claim. You specifically cited EA as a company with bad reputation for their handling of DRM, then gave Blizzard as an opposite. I showed you Blizzard is having to turn into the same thing EA is to protect what is legally theirs.

So.... do you have anything substantive to add? Other than you purchased a game once -_-