User Tag List

First 91011

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I think that is so hot. I'm into making things too. I think it takes a long time to make a gun. What about the wood parts? Or would you use composite or something else? Pics?
    Not likely to be any pics because it would be illegal here, I would make the wooden parts too. I've always thought about making a sten gun or tommy gun or some classic piece of firearms history.

I remember going to a museam down in the republic somewhere and they had weapons from the free state's independence struggle with the brits and I couldnt believe the size of some of the really old revolvers, I dont know if they were webley revolvers or what but they were massive bits of solid metal looking things and the shells which they fired looked massive too.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Not likely to be any pics because it would be illegal here, I would make the wooden parts too. I've always thought about making a sten gun or tommy gun or some classic piece of firearms history.

I remember going to a museam down in the republic somewhere and they had weapons from the free state's independence struggle with the brits and I couldnt believe the size of some of the really old revolvers, I dont know if they were webley revolvers or what but they were massive bits of solid metal looking things and the shells which they fired looked massive too.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but weapons used to be very big and heavy. Warriors must have been extremely strong to be able to wield them in battle, and, accordingly, must have had to train extensively. Just another thing we lack in our society: Skill with weapons.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I am Southern, and it's part of Southern culture, really. I have nothing against owning a firearm. I enjoy shooting a more organic weapon (I have an affinity for bows), but I'm very sound sensitive, so I do not personally own a gun. I grew up around them, though. My stepfather hunts, and my father and stepmother both carry guns for self protection.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but weapons used to be very big and heavy. Warriors must have been extremely strong to be able to wield them in battle, and, accordingly, must have had to train extensively. Just another thing we lack in our society: Skill with weapons.
    True I guess, I know that I've seen weapons in museams and I wonder how anyone could have used them and reached the conclusion that they had to be some sort of Mr Universe or ultra strong types.

MBTI
    yupp

want one, can't get one given my history unless bought illegally. probably a bad idea to have one for me.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

I've lived all my life and never seen anyone in possession of a firearm except police who have strict rules about when they can draw their weapon. And if a police officer merely draws their weapon, they have to explain to an independent body, why. It makes for a peaceful civilized society where it is easy to build trust.

To live under a foreign flag with a gun culture, with as many guns as people, exporting guns to the world, would indeed be a foreign experience.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Is this in Jamaica?
    It's a DEA agent in Orlando, Florida. http://www.thegunzone.com/mos/dea-nd.html
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz