User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    No. I didn't write that; I just thought it was apropos. The notion that men can't change or can't handle change or whatever it was that you were trying to say there (if it's not the former) is problematic. And sexist, right? I think it's pretty sexist. If I said that, I'd want you to call me a sexist.
    Perhaps I should have been more clear. Men can change, that's an obvious fact due to evolution, but that change may be very painful for society. I think we're already fucked. We're going to have tens, maybe even hundred of thousands of unemployable young males in the US soon. What is the feminist solution for that? Prison? Welfare? War? Genocide?

I also don't believe it's sexist to point out differences between the genders. Women are more adaptable than men to changes in social structure. That's a fact. Acknowledging this fact is not sexist.

It really annoys me how people want to label everything as sexist, racist, or whatever just because you didn't take extra care to spare someone's feelings. But I'm not a feminized male, so that's probably just a problem with me. LOL
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I was speaking in an evolutionary sense. It is absolutely essential to the survival of all mammals. It's one of the defining characteristic of our phylogenetic class.
    Which I find fascinating and compelling (and I nursed mine for 2+ years each) but when you get right down to it, it's not essential to feed at the breast for every, or even any, feedings anymore, and likely won't be ever again unless we experience some kind of societal downfall that will make who holds what top job at Time Warner a non-issue too.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but once a child is born, that child no longer actually occupies his or her mother's body. A man could take care of born children. But he's not expected to. Male privilege.
    Weeeeeell, kinda. I can get behind the muscle of your point, but don't agree that paternal (or maternal, for that matter) responsibility is a discretionary choice.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Perhaps I should have been more clear. Men can change, that's an obvious fact due to evolution, but that change may be very painful for society. I think we're already fucked. We're going to have tens, maybe even hundred of thousands of unemployable young males in the US soon. What is the feminist solution for that? Prison? Welfare? War? Genocide?
    Yes. I think the feminists will probably just kill all those boys.

Really?

IN CASE IT IS NOT CLEAR
    THIS IS JUST TO SAY
    I WAS BEING SARCASTIC
    AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND GENOCIDE.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Yes. I think the feminists will probably just kill all those boys.

Really?

IN CASE IT IS NOT CLEAR
    THIS IS JUST TO SAY
    I WAS BEING SARCASTIC
    AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND GENOCIDE.
    No, you'd get the males who were able to adapt to do it. It's not like genocide isn't something humans haven't done over and over and over throughout our history. It's not even unique to our species. Chimps do it too.

But I'm seriously interested in how feminists would handle a problem like this. Would you institutionalize them all (further emasculating them), somehow?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Which I find fascinating and compelling (and I nursed mine for 2+ years each) but when you get right down to it, it's not essential to feed at the breast for every, or even any, feedings anymore, and likely won't be ever again unless we experience some kind of societal downfall that will make who holds what top job at Time Warner a non-issue too.
    I'm not so optimistic about our species.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

No, you'd get the males who were able to adapt to do it. It's not like genocide isn't something humans haven't done over and over and over throughout our history. It's not even unique to our species. Chimps do it too.

But I'm seriously interested in how feminists would handle a problem like this. Would you institutionalize them all (further emasculating them), somehow?
    Yes, probably. I, as a feminist, would just cut off their dicks and put them in a home.

JUST IN CASE,
    STILL SARCASTIC.

Really, I refuse to seriously engage with this question until you stop proposing ridiculous and offensive bullshit.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Yes, probably. I, as a feminist, would just cut off their dicks and put them in a home.

JUST IN CASE,
    STILL SARCASTIC.

Really, I refuse to seriously engage with this question until you stop proposing ridiculous and offensive bullshit.
    It might be offensive, but it's not ridiculous. China has this problem. Japan has this problem. European countries have this problem. And it's coming to the US soon. I actually expect China to handle this problem better than any Western nations. Instant gratification hasn't come to completely dominate its culture yet. This is the result of the destruction of males' place in society. Own it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

It might be offensive, but it's not ridiculous. China has this problem. Japan has this problem. European countries have this problem. And it's coming to the US soon. I actually expect China to handle this problem better than any Western nations. Instant gratification hasn't come to completely dominate its culture yet. This is the result of the destruction of males' place in society. Own it.
    Mmmm, nah. I don't think I'm going to own that, no.
    INFJ

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

This is the result of the destruction of males' place in society. Own it.
    +1

You guys can have your cake and eat it to.

I'm not going to be able to continue contributing in this thread without going ape shit.

Later.