User Tag List

First 3846474849 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Ok....tell me how that relates to men and women having different genes, exactly? You are describing outcomes (i.e. behaviour), not causes (i.e. genetics, hormone levels, upbringing, societal influences, etc etc). Nothing you have presented indicates an "evolutionary" cause (whatever you're defining that as) is responsible for the differences in behaviour seen between men and women, on average.
    I'm not going to sit here and explain this to you.

Take a look at great ape societies and then take a look at human social groups.
    The similarities are striking, bordering on embarrassment.

We're animals and as any other animal, behavior is dictated by biology and environment.

We're not apes though. Human birthright is creative, independent thought. Instincts can be etched out, and become optional.

Here's a good video. It's not that outdated. Fast forward to 7:00 for the main point, but the whole thing is cool.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    ...Who the fuck plays Mortal Kombat nowadays? Seriously? You're worse than those assholes from the NRA who blamed Duke Nukem for the elementary school massacre in Connecticut.

Get with the times, fuckos. You're embarrassing yourselves once again.

If you don't like these people, don't bother with them. They're not hurting anybody. Are the basement-dwelling video gaming nerds comparable with drunken, machismo-fueled, tribal tatted douchebags who hang out at shitty sports bars with their "bros" and start trouble due to incompetence and male insecurity? Because I don't think they are.

Those motherfuckers are responsible for the TRUE decline of the modern male.
    I bought a PS2 a few years ago just so I could play Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks. I did, and it was awesome. And I don't think I'm a motherfucker.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm not going to sit here and explain this to you.

We're animals and as any other animal, behavior is dictated by biology and environment.
    Biology and environment.. but I notice you put biology first, a grievous error.

Yes, animals do what their biology dictates. Land animals don't fly even if they want to, and a lion cannot change its skin the way an octopus can. Biology says a fly will only live for a short time versus a turtle that can live a couple hundred.

Environment, though, is really what dictates how an animal, and we as humans, will act and react. The environment over time dictates behavior more than anything else. Change the environment, and animals either adapt and survive, flourish (in the case of rabbits in Australia, for example) or pass away (in the many cases of deforestation). I'd argue that much of human behavior, especially men, women, and the relationships between them, are a result of nurture and not pure biological nature. Some things may never change--they were adapted and adopted into our behavior for so long that taking it away seems off and too 'wrong' now.. but that doesn't make it a biological function.

Simply chalking those behaviors up to biology is saying that it cannot be changed and that it is a function regardless of if it is 'right' or 'wrong'. Morals don't really apply to biology.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I bought a PS2 a few years ago just so I could play Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks. I did, and it was awesome. And I don't think I'm a motherfucker.
    This means you're in demise, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Biology and environment.. but I notice you put biology first, a grievous error.

Yes, animals do what their biology dictates. Land animals don't fly even if they want to, and a lion cannot change its skin the way an octopus can. Biology says a fly will only live for a short time versus a turtle that can live a couple hundred.

Environment, though, is really what dictates how an animal, and we as humans, will act and react. The environment over time dictates behavior more than anything else. Change the environment, and animals either adapt and survive, flourish (in the case of rabbits in Australia, for example) or pass away (in the many cases of deforestation). I'd argue that much of human behavior, especially men, women, and the relationships between them, are a result of nurture and not pure biological nature. Some things may never change--they were adapted and adopted into our behavior for so long that taking it away seems off and too 'wrong' now.. but that doesn't make it a biological function.

Simply chalking those behaviors up to biology is saying that it cannot be changed and that it is a function regardless of if it is 'right' or 'wrong'. Morals don't really apply to biology.
    I don't really care about this anymore.
    You get an A for Effort, though.

I like, learned so much.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I think it's easy and fashionable to criticize those, but I think they're probably more a symptom than a cause.
    I forgot to quote this earlier, but I definitely agree. I think people are really quick to forget that it wasn't so long ago that video games were not a norm in households, nor was television or radios or other sources like that, and even then men had a tremendous amount of pressure to not be as intimate, open, in touch with their emotions to the point of expression, etc.

I don't really care about this anymore.
    You get an A for Effort, though.

I like, learned so much.
    If you didn't want to discuss the topic, you could simply not.. Instead of posting and then getting all defensive and shoving invalidation into every post when people don't really agree with what you have to say. That works too. And it'll be less likely for someone to mistake your posts as trolling and report you. Just sayin'.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    If you didn't want to discuss the topic, you could simply not.. Instead of posting and then getting all defensive and shoving invalidation into every post when people don't really agree with what you have to say. That works too. And it'll be less likely for someone to mistake your posts as trolling and report you. Just sayin'.
    Let's hope that doesn't happen, 'cause it would, like, be the end of the world or something.

I just don't care. Apes, conscious beings--I don't give a shit.
    Humanity sucks and largely overvalues itself.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Which ones are we supposed to be similar to?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^The ones who play video games, stoooopid!

YM*MV.

(*Mom)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Men should listen to Carl Sagan more. Can we agree on that at least?