MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    This is blatantly evolutionary.
    This is blatantly your unsupported opinion.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2538723/

Opinion, my ass.

Gender differences

When gender specific forms of aggression are considered, there is evidence to suggest that girls are as aggressive as boys (Moretti and Odgers, 2002). Girls tend to engage in relational aggression while males tend to display overt aggression, both forms of aggression are equally hostile. The results of pre-school studies indicate that girls display higher levels of relational aggression than boys, and the gender difference is well established by middle childhood. Onset and developmental trajectories are different between boys and girls. Although boys exhibit more physical aggression in early childhood, which decreases over time, girls display the opposite pattern, with low levels of aggression during early childhood only to peak much later (Moretti and Odgers, 2002).
    What was that again? Nothing to add?
    Thanks for wasting my time.

I've known plenty of males who weren't overt with me.

But then again, they were bitches.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Opinion, my ass.
    Your citation supports none of your assertions.
    Therefore,

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    This is blatantly your unsupported opinion.
    Privilege, my ass. The reason I don't think about it is because it is largely irrelevant.
    The entire topic is laced with toxic projection, skewed "facts" and irrational overreaction.
    It's amazing (or inevitable) that not thinking would lead you to such conclusions.
    But it's also clear that you seem to be incapable of engaging in these kinds of discussions (drawn though you are to them) without getting emotional, irrational and ultimately, abusive. These are your own associations with the topic, they do not inhere in the topic itself. Lots of people are able to discuss it without becoming hysterical, even if you are not.

There are more immediate things to discuss and reflect upon.
    Then pray do so. Don't let us detain you from your more pressing (and hopefully, more considered) reflections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

You're right. It doesn't.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    It's a little odd that this thread is so laden with comments from people who never think about the topic...
    I guess if I have made the thoughtless think, I've achieved something.

OK. Well, no. Men do not have fewer "social genes" than women.
    They suffer emotionally because, as I have written before, they are brutalised by most societies. You see this in extreme forms in primitive tribes where boys often have to endure initiation rites involving severe pain or hardship to prepare them for the brutalities of the masculine role. But you also see evidence of it in so-called civilised societies where little boys are treated less tenderly and more roughly from a very young age. It's the same kind of preparation, the same kind of brutalisation. Violent video games play into that training in our own culture.

I think you might be right. Not about tribalism (nothing in there to suggest better treatment of women or less aggression - look up the Yanomami) but I do agree that reconnecting with nature is beneficial. Sue Palmer reaches similar conclusions in her book, 21st century boys. I don't endorse everything she says, but much of it is common sense.
    Lol.....you can't compare violent video games to initiation that's just totally out of context. Video games are a form of media similar to movies.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I could, if I wanted to -such is the power of language and imagination- but I didn't do that. Read harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Opinion, my ass.

What was that again? Nothing to add?
    Thanks for wasting my time.
    I don't see any reference to "evolution" , which was your main point.

They suffer emotionally because, as I have written before, they are brutalised by most societies. You see this in extreme forms in primitive tribes where boys often have to endure initiation rites involving severe pain or hardship to prepare them for the brutalities of the masculine role. But you also see evidence of it in so-called civilised societies where little boys are treated less tenderly and more roughly from a very young age. It's the same kind of preparation, the same kind of brutalisation. Violent video games play into that training in our own culture.
    This is correct, and oftentimes having a woman in a strongly male-dominate workplace can function as a "calming effect" for these tendencies, so to speak.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Opinion, my ass.

Affirmative was half right.

It boils down to brain chemistry.
    Male and female brains are wired differently AND males "socialize" differently from females.

Studies have also found that males are more overt in terms of socializing, whereas females are often more Machiavellian.

This is blatantly evolutionary.
    Ok....tell me how that relates to men and women having different genes, exactly? You are describing outcomes (i.e. behaviour), not causes (i.e. genetics, hormone levels, upbringing, societal influences, etc etc). Nothing you have presented indicates an "evolutionary" cause (whatever you're defining that as) is responsible for the differences in behaviour seen between men and women, on average.
    -end of thread-