User Tag List

First 364445464748 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The luxury of being able to "never think about" these kinds of things is a mainstay of being part of a privileged category.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

True. I think a lot of guys only really think about issues of gender when they have a daughter. Some of them, not even then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    True. I think a lot of guys only really think about issues of gender when they have a daughter. Some of them, not even then.
    It isn't that I don't think about it. It's that it's mostly irrelevant to my experience with games. Half of the games I play aren't even dealing with humans exactly. Sometimes it's cars or city building or puzzles. What does masculinity or femininity have to do with that? If you count all the types of games out there (that's including the casual puzzle games), the actual largest gaming demographic is 20-45 yr old females. Here's a very boring read, if you want it. http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/...40609_fnl1.pdf

Games are playing into a desire in many types of people. It's not a male thing. I keep repeating that games are essentially about pattern recognition. People enjoy being challenged on it in many ways. I don't know how much other animals enjoy it, but I think there's something inherent to the human mind that finds it fun. The "presentation" of the game barely matters.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    The luxury of being able to "never think about" these kinds of things is a mainstay of being part of a privileged category.
    ...And this attitude from women's studies majors is precisely why I don't take the topic seriously.

What "luxury" or "privilege" entails being male? It's not like I a get a free coupon day from Arby's.

Privilege, my ass. The reason I don't think about it is because it is largely irrelevant.
    The entire topic is laced with toxic projection, skewed "facts" and irrational overreaction.

There are more immediate things to discuss and reflect upon.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Thanks for proving the point.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Says you.

I refuse to be your personal cheerleader and that doesn't make me an oppressive or "privileged" force.
    I say "suck it up" and accept that life isn't fair. Martyring one's self just makes the "martyr" pathetic.

Everybody faces adversity and setbacks in life. It is the way it is.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    She then went on to mention that it was discovered that men have less social genes than women, (once again don't know about sources on this), which is why young boys and baby boys are more sensitive and require more physical contact and engagement at an early age.
    FYI as a biologist I can't imagine how this could possibly be true. The only genes men have that women don't are the few located on the (tiny) Y chromosome, which mainly involve sexual organ development. Women don't have any genes that men don't have, since every human has all the non-sex chromosomes as well as an X chromosome (2 X's for women, of course). The genes on the second X chromosome in women are actually turned off, so both men and women have genes from a single X chromosome functioning.

Since you don't have a credible source (and props for admitting that) I'd suggest purging that idea from your mind, especially since if I'm understanding you correctly, it seems biologically impossible.
    -end of thread-

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    FYI as a biologist I can't imagine how this could possibly be true. The only genes men have that women don't are the few located on the (tiny) Y chromosome, which mainly involve sexual organ development. Women don't have any genes that men don't have, since every human has all the non-sex chromosomes as well as an X chromosome (2 X's for women, of course). The genes on the second X chromosome in women are actually turned off, so both men and women have genes from a single X chromosome functioning.

Since you don't have a credible source (and props for admitting that) I'd suggest purging that idea from your mind, especially since if I'm understanding you correctly, it seems biologically impossible.
    Yes well I assumed as much lol.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post

Affirmative was half right.

It boils down to brain chemistry.
    Male and female brains are wired differently AND males "socialize" differently from females.

Studies have also found that males are more overt in terms of socializing, whereas females are often more Machiavellian.

This is blatantly evolutionary.

Why was Machiavelli a man then?