User Tag List

First 23313233343543 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Too true. I'm reluctant to write people off though. I've known even the most hardened bigot to have a "road to Damascus" moment...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    FREE

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FigerPuppet

SUMMARY: This bibliography examines 286 scholarly investigations: 221 empirical studies and 65 reviews and/or analyses, which demonstrate that women are as physically aggressive, or more aggressive, than men in their relationships with their spouses or male partners. The aggregate sample size in the reviewed studies exceeds 371,600.
    REFERENCES EXAMINING ASSAULTS BY WOMEN ON THEIR SPOUSES OR MALE PARTNERS: AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY

Women are so brave!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Hitchens was an insecure knob, may he rest in peace. No one should have to die in that kind of agony, not even an INTJ. But I do have to thank him for being the first person to alert me to the "men have a bad case of womb-envy" thesis. Either in that Vanity Fair article or a subsequent interview. So, thx Hitch!
    But no, sorry, you were never funny. At least, not when you were trying to be.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm amazed this steaming bowl of shit of a thread is still going.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'm amazed at how angry it makes guys like you. Of course, that was never my intention.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default Men are "broken" women?

http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdi...amaged-brains/
    So, yes, the X chromosome is the original in this situation, and the development of the Y chromosome both depleted the X chromosome and did so in ways that are not helpful to those who carry it. It is a broken X chromosome. If it weren’t for the fact that the Y chromosome also causes masculinization, and our society highly values masculinization, we would talk broadly about how unfair that is
    Now for Greg’s statement. Does testosterone damage a female brain on the way to making it a male brain? if you take a cooperative system and retool it to be more competitive, you have damaged its ability to cooperate. If you take a highly verbal system and retool it to a more spatial system, you have damaged its verbal abilities. If you take a “female brain” (whatever precisely that is) and, through the application of testosterone, retool it to act like a “male brain” (whatever precisely that is), you have damaged its abilities as a “female brain”. How can you have done anything else?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdi...amaged-brains/
    Now for Greg’s statement. Does testosterone damage a female brain on the way to making it a male brain? if you take a cooperative system and retool it to be more competitive, you have damaged its ability to cooperate. If you take a highly verbal system and retool it to a more spatial system, you have damaged its verbal abilities. If you take a “female brain” (whatever precisely that is) and, through the application of testosterone, retool it to act like a “male brain” (whatever precisely that is), you have damaged its abilities as a “female brain”. How can you have done anything else?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

In fairness, by the same logic, all T brains are "broken", since F brains are the "default".