First 20282930313240 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Now, if this woman were beating on this man... well, I might not step in (for fear of getting killed) but I would call the cops...
    Yeah. I'd be very interested in seeing a video that tests how people react to a 6', well built woman who is choking and physically overpowering a shorter, scrawny man. My guess is that there would still be a double standard, but the differences between the genders would be much smaller than in the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I was kind of upset, since I knew my friend wasn't even really qualified, and she had little passion for the job. I remember telling my aunt (who runs a daycare) about it, and she said: What do you expect? They probably thought you were a pedophile. What kind of man wants to work with children?
    That's actually a pretty nasty dig from your aunt.

But I agree with Randominity: She may have interviewed much better than you. The library probably wanted someone who was passionate about books and could pass that along to the children. If your friend expressed a passion for books, despite her lack of experience with children, she'd be a hard candidate to beat. (Doubly so if you were primarily interested in working with children, and neglected to emphasize books and reading in a job opening at a library.)

It makes me wonder if I am super creepy or something, or just plain inferior. Maybe I have a pedosmile?
    Are you married? Do you have children? Are you active and known in your community? Those things would be very helpful to your marketability.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

What if two women were smacking the crap out of each other?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    Men can't do anything in that case because touching one of them is an automatic assault charge.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    Sell it on pay-per-view?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Equality achieved!
    You asked.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    Has this video been shared yet?
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFAd4YdQks"]Reaction To Women Abusing Men In Public[/YOUTUBE]
    I think the dynamics are different. The female victim appeared quite helpless and was at risk unless someone intervened on her behalf. The male victim did not appear to be in need of protection.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    I think the dynamics are different. The female victim appeared quite helpless and was at risk unless someone intervened on her behalf. The male victim did not appear to be in need of protection.
    That's the assumption, isn't it?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    That's the assumption, isn't it?
    Indeed

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Here, despite all the pop-feminism fifty shades of grey is a best seller and the fastest best seller since Harry Potter too and it features a virginal young woman submitting masochistically to a controlling sadist, now its a far cry from de Sade by all accounts but it looks like a lot of people are up for betraying womans lib in a hurry.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Here, despite all the pop-feminism fifty shades of grey is a best seller and the fastest best seller since Harry Potter too and it features a virginal young woman submitting masochistically to a controlling sadist, now its a far cry from de Sade by all accounts but it looks like a lot of people are up for betraying womans lib in a hurry.
    I don't know that it's so much a betrayal of feminist principles as much as it is a demonstration that the social realm and the sexual realm often contain very different motivations. It helps me understand why the conversation is centered on concepts of "gender" rather than "sex."