User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

MBTI
    STUF

If a man reported violence against him by a woman, he would get laughed at.
    Whoops.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I don't think she starts these threads for the sole purpose of bashing males. The first post contained just a link to a TED video.

Although the language could be more civil, the points raised are legitimate.
    She might not start with that intent, but when people don't react the way she wants them to react she goes off on her typical anti-male tirades. It's a shame because I agree that the points are legitimate, even if they are overly simplistic. But a Blue Monday thread is never a place for real discussion. It's a place to argue.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    So...

Women and men hurt each other equally... if sometimes in less quantifiable ways.
    Anyone being abused is wrong. The statistics are only useful as a metric to measure where to apply strategies to curb issues.

I said the idea of comparing suffering was poor, but continued with the statistics along the argument. I'll stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Probably true.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

And not just by men, either.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

If a woman were to prefer playing with her XBOX rather than interacting with me, I would more likely think it's my fault rather than vice versa.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Reminds me of this... (Though granted the woman dosn't look like she's hurting the man very badly, it's still clearly abusive)

[YOUTUBE="LlFAd4YdQks"]abuse in public[/YOUTUBE]
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Have any of you guys ever been a victim of female on male violence that did not involve child abuse via a parent or guardian?

Im just curious if all this commiserating is even based in real concerns, because male on female violence is extremely common and many women I know have experienced it, including myself.

I would not laugh if a woman really violently attacked a man.

I will stand corrected if a significant number of you have been abused thusly, and were actually frightened of your abuser, or if you know men this has happened to.

I know it happens, but its rare, and that is why I find mens rights so absurd, though I do agree men should be able to be able to safely report and be protected from domestic violence.

Did you know it wasn't even illegal to rape your wife in all 50 states of the US until 1993?

Yet somehow some of you believe feminism is so out of hand and unnecessary that we need mens activism. Even though third wave feminism already covers gender queer equality issues.

Even though it appears to many of us that it is simply the equality of women (not any kind of advantage or superiority) that is actually scaring you.

It would be peachy if most people holding Bachelors degrees were male, amirite?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Even though third wave feminism already covers gender queer equality issues.

Yet somehow some of you believe feminism is so out of hand and unnecessary that we need mens activism.
    If equality is what's important, why can you guys have feminism and we not have our version of it.

It's the same reason I always said we needed a white student union at UF. We had a black one, an asian one, an hispanic one, a jewish one etc. etc. but no white one.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Unless she was like shit hard or one of those Amazons or mean and ugly. Oh, oh, or if she was a witch. Witches are the Goddamn meanest bitches there are.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post

If equality is what's important, why can you guys have feminism and we not have our version of it.

It's the same reason I always said we needed a white student union at UF. We had a black one, an asian one, an hispanic one, a jewish one etc. etc. but no white one.
    Sometimes being treated equally necesitates being treated differently.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/