User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 485

  1. #131
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    @ygolo im not sure what you guys aren't comprehending, maybe its your own sexist presumptions that raising children and cleaning and cooking aren't work, but yes being a stay at home dad is a perfectly acceptable job for a responsible man, if he actually takes care of the child and the home

    i have dated men who like to clean house and do yardwork and care for pets, or even baby sit

    I don't put them in the loser pile at all, and I don't know where you are getting this, unless its inside your own head

    however dudes who just mooch aren't stay at home dads, they're like dependent children, unless they are disabled, and if disabled you can still help a little around the house, maybe even work part time from home

    I am in no position to support a man financially, so I would not want to marry a stay at home dad unless I had the fiscal means to do so, its simply impractical.

  2. #132
    Senior Member LEGERdeMAIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    ok look at the entire world...Ill wait

    did you happen to see similarties between men and women in Mexico and Russia, though they're a world and several cultures apart? How about the similarities of corsets in 19th century England and foot crushing in early China? Again...a world apart, cultures away...but the same underlying theme

    in fact the only true matriarchal or equal societies tend to be tribal and live close to nature...and not always even then, gazing toward parts of present day Africa

    yes, there is something innate to men and women, and we can be educated out of the worst of it, but not all of it

    I believe men fear natures power to bring life and death, and they equate women and their ability to give birth with the dangers of nature, which is why men fear women and take advantage of their own physical size in order to control them out of fear

    this thread reeks of that childish, primitive fear
    It'd be nice if you had an argument, unfortunately you're just making this junk up in your head and spouting unprovable claims. Can you do better?

  3. #133
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Also note that I am domestically inclined. I cook and so forth, so it it doesn't make sense even that if one partner was working outside of the home that it would be me, because Im the house type myself. The only way I could marry a stay at home dad and feel happy with my own domestic pursuits is if we won the lottery

    and realistically there aren't actually a large number of domestically inclined men, I think some men just want an excuse not to work, and we would have to look at that on a case by case basis.

    Xsfj men probably make the best house husbands, followed by IxFPs...and MAYBE an INTP who had really developed Si/Fe

    In fact I can't imagine what an ENTJ like @Lateralus would even do - if not go insane - being a house husband, which may be why his wife won't agree to it, she doesn't see him as even being the type, but actually just looking for an excuse to not work, I don't know

  4. #134
    . Blank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    maybe its your own sexist presumptions that raising children and cleaning and cooking aren't work
    It appears you haven't been thoroughly reading any posts, as I don't recall anyone suggesting this in any seriousness whatsoever. It's also quite apparent that no discussion is going to be had about this topic then.

    I'm out.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

    -----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

  5. #135
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    It'd be nice if you had an argument, unfortunately you're just making this junk up in your head and spouting unprovable claims. Can you do better?
    this is an excellent argument and I can't be held accountable for your own unwillingness to think about what Im saying, nor for your personal issues

    Have a nice day!

  6. #136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    @ygolo im not sure what you guys aren't comprehending, maybe its your own sexist presumptions that raising children and cleaning and cooking aren't work, but yes being a stay at home dad is a perfectly acceptable job for a responsible man, if he actually takes care of the child and the home
    I never presumed, stated or implied that "raising children, cleaning and cooking aren't work." If I did, could you point to the post?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    i have dated men who like to clean house and do yardwork and care for pets, or even baby sit

    I don't put them in the loser pile at all, and I don't know where you are getting this, unless its inside your own head
    When did I say you put them in the loser pile? I never believed this, and certainly never stated this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    however dudes who just mooch aren't stay at home dads, they're like dependent children, unless they are disabled, and if disabled you can still help a little around the house, maybe even work part time from home
    When did I disagree with this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I am in no position to support a man financially, so I would not want to marry a stay at home dad unless I had the fiscal means to do so, its simply impractical.
    Well, then, this is pretty common. Like I was saying, I know of none in real life who want a stay-at-home dad for a partner.

    Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

  7. #137
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Let's just say that the personal experiences of people on the forum always color what they say. She does sound misandrous to me, but may have good reason to be.
    Whether or not she has good reason to be isn't relevant because she's not proposing solutions. She starts these threads for the sole purpose of bashing males. It's emotional masturbation for her.

    Although it may be true that abusive and horrendous acts can be perpetuated by people of either gender on the other, IME, it is far more likely that a female on this forum has had something terrible done to her by a male in her life than a male having had something terrible done to him by a female in his life.
    I'm sure this is true, but the fact that some females have suffered more does not make the suffering of any particular male irrelevant, and that's really the issue here. Blue Monday/Salome (someone reminded me what her old name was) views this all as a female vs male battle. It's not. Issues that negatively impact one gender inevitably come around to impact the other. Trying to look at any of this in the vacuum of a single gender is too narrow-minded to be useful.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  8. #138
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I never presumed, stated or implied that "raising children, cleaning and cooking aren't work." If I did, could you point to the post?
    Maybe she's referring to my post where I stated that due to technological advances it is less work today than in the past. And really, that's undeniable. Many mundane tasks, such as dish washing and laundry, are automated to the point where they are trivial. Regardless, she's really just looking for something to argue about, so she's resorting to straw man arguments.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  9. #139
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Let's just say that the personal experiences of people on the forum always color what they say. She does sound misandrous to me, but may have good reason to be.
    Hold up just one minute.

    You could use that to justify anything.

    The actions of individuals can never justify stereotypical arguments about a class of people.

    The argument that: I've had shitty things done to me by individuals who happened to be members of group _______, does not justify a hostile attitude towards members of that group generally regardless of the actions of individuals involved.

    Although it may be true that abusive and horrendous acts can be perpetuated by people of either gender on the other, IME, it is far more likely that a female on this forum has had something terrible done to her by a male in her life than a male having had something terrible done to him by a female in his life.
    Are you kidding me.

    What about emotional damage?

    This whole presumption of the primacy of female suffering is laughably stupid.

  10. #140
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    @ygolo im not sure what you guys aren't comprehending, maybe its your own sexist presumptions that raising children and cleaning and cooking aren't work, but yes being a stay at home dad is a perfectly acceptable job for a responsible man, if he actually takes care of the child and the home.
    Have you ever considered the possibility that you're the one being sexist here, and that's why you're unable to comprehend why being a "househusband" isn't a fulfilling role for males? Probably not. You can't be sexist, you're female.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Similar Threads

  1. The Demise of Ladies
    By Beorn in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 10:46 PM
  2. [INTP] How Can I Win the Love of an INTP Guy?
    By I Never Find Peace in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 02:08 PM
  3. The Demise of Zergling
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 444
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 07:04 PM
  4. What are you guys feeling about the state of affairs now?
    By Risen in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO