User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 485

  1. #101
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Women have only made progress by challenging and rebelling against their assigned roles, are you really suggesting that men are incapable of doing the same?
    Not incapable, unwilling.

    But earlier in your post you mentioned sharing, I would like to join that club!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  2. #102
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Here's my beef with mens rights activists; men are not being treated as property - they are actively choosing to be kidults. There are no legally binding limits on men, saying they can't work, can't have their own money, can't own their own property, or that their fates are solely at the discretion of their mothers and wives. That's the reason you fools seem like a bunch of silly whiners to me...especially since you're still more likely to be judged for what you know or what you do than for what you look like.

    I mainly see mens rights activists asserting that they're butthurt if women don't want to sex them if they act like little boys. Surely there are biological rather than social reasons for that. The vast majority of women don't want a son for a lover.

    You guys have choices, but no, you can't give birth, sorry to keep you from that, because lord knows motherhood is an intentional social plot against you.

  3. #103
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    I don't buy the "womb-envy" argument at all. Women's value within society is inversely proportional to the number of children they spit out. (e.g compare women's rights in a developed country like France to somewhere like Nigeria, then compare birth rates).

    I have no intention of bearing children and I don't believe that in any way degrades my value as a human being.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Not incapable, unwilling.
    Yes, exactly. So it's not a real argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  4. #104
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    True to a degree, but child-rearing is very involving and higher level of attention is expected compared with previous generations (which is why intelligence is increasing - people spend more time developing their children's brains). Additionally, young children spending too much time at daycare (by virtue of having 2 parents in full time work) have started a trend of increased antisocial behaviour and empathy issues.

    I do agree that there need to be more to the lives of people that stay at home, but that goes for everyone.
    Based on my observations, I think many parents use the television as a baby sitter, even when the mother stays at home. Not all mothers are using that extra time to improve the child's development. Many are using it for more selfish purposes.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  5. #105
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Here's my beef with mens rights activists; men are not being treated as property - they are actively choosing to be kidults. There are no legally binding limits on men, saying they can't work, can't have their own money, can't own their own property, or that their fates are solely at the discretion of their mothers and wives. That's the reason you fools seem like a bunch of silly whiners to me...especially since you're still more likely to be judged for what you know or what you do than for what you look like.

    I mainly see mens rights activists asserting that they're butthurt if women don't want to sex them if they act like little boys. Surely there are biological rather than social reasons for that. The vast majority of women don't want a son for a lover.

    You guys have choices, but no, you can't give birth, sorry to keep you from that, because lord knows motherhood is an intentional social plot against you.
    The biggest problem I have with your view is that you make no distinction between a wealthy male and a poor male. There is a massive difference between the two, in my opinion. No one will ever be able to convince me that someone like Mitt Romney deserves sympathy. But poor males are treated as property, sent to die in wars or work incredibly dangerous jobs so men like Romney can profit.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  6. #106
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Of course Invisible Jim is here to bitch in a thread about mens rights.

    My fifteen year old nephew is sensitive, is allowed to cry and show emotions, and even wears guyliner publicly on Facebook.

    He's also a straight A student and has had girlfriends since he was ten.

    So Im honestly not too worried about the young men not being able to both gender bend and be successful.

    Im also happy my 15 yr old nephew isn't as whiny as some 25-30 year old mens.

  7. #107
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    The biggest problem I have with your view is that you make no distinction between a wealthy male and a poor male. There is a massive difference between the two, in my opinion. No one will ever be able to convince me that someone like Mitt Romney deserves sympathy. But poor males are treated as property, sent to die in wars or work incredibly dangerous jobs so men like Romney can profit.
    poor people in general are treated as property, and yes I already made a distinction between the classes in this thread, noting how male on female domestic violence and family abandonment is more common in the working class, so poor women don't have it so awesome, either

    the problems of war are created by men so this isn't an issue where women are opressing men, but men are opressing other men, and so your point, in my opinion, is entirely off topic

  8. #108
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    poor people in general are treated as property, and yes I already made a distinction between the classes in this thread, noting how male on female domestic violence and family abandonment is more common in the working class, so poor women don't have it so awesome, either

    the problems of war are created by men so this isn't an issue where women are opressing men, but men are opressing other men, and so your point, in my opinion, is entirely off topic
    It's entirely on topic. The vast majority of oppression hasn't/doesn't come from men, it comes from the wealthy (male or female, there have been plenty of women throughout history who have been every bit as sadistic as men, despite your insinuation that men are responsible for all violence). Demonizing males, as a gender, doesn't solve anything and actually leads to the problems mentioned in the original post (more males are dropping out of school, not wanting to marry, giving up on being productive members of society, etc). It's as productive as Republicans blaming welfare mothers rather than corporate power for the state of our economy.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  9. #109
    Senior Member LEGERdeMAIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    It's entirely on topic. The vast majority of oppression hasn't/doesn't come from men, it comes from the wealthy (male or female, there have been plenty of women throughout history who have been every bit as sadistic as men, despite your insinuation that men are responsible for all violence). Demonizing males, as a gender, doesn't solve anything and actually leads to the problems mentioned in the original post (more males are dropping out of school, not wanting to marry, giving up on being productive members of society, etc). It's as productive as Republicans blaming welfare mothers rather than corporate power for the state of our economy.
    Everyone needs a scapegoat.

  10. #110
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    @Lateralus hmm yeah your point is off topic...feminism is rooted in being oppressed legally by men, and men are not legally oppressed by women in a similar manner...males have an instinct to go to war, give me a fucking break, Im all for equality, but Im not for fantastical stupidity, and saying that women are war like such as men are, or men are mothers such as women are counts as fantastical stupidity

    also, for any man who wishes for the "rights" to show supposed "lack of initiative"... Be sure you're exceedingly handsome, fit, well groomed, do my laundry, clean my house, cook my food, raise my children and perform the kind of sex *I* want on command...because this is what women do when they show a supposed "lack of initiative"...give me a break you sexist slobs, why don't you become a whore or a housewife and see just how "easy" it is, fools. Be warned that I also control your money, spending, and when you get to go out with your friends.

    Pfft.

Similar Threads

  1. The Demise of Ladies
    By Beorn in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 10:46 PM
  2. [INTP] How Can I Win the Love of an INTP Guy?
    By I Never Find Peace in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 02:08 PM
  3. The Demise of Zergling
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 444
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 07:04 PM
  4. What are you guys feeling about the state of affairs now?
    By Risen in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO