Thread: 3 guys 1 hammer

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Ah, that is why you believe in hell.

Does anyone think that a mind that understands the mind of a serial killer, yet is attached to humanity and loves it could be a useful thing?
    You mean an empath? Like the character in the original Red Dragon? I would say that I suspect its possible pretty troubling to have that capacity. I know some humanist analysts who've suggested that a true humanist should be able to say that nothing human is foreign to them and they should understand all human actions, no matter how abnormal they appear and know that they too are capable of them by virtue of being human and flawed or potentially flawed in just the same way. I reserve judgement on this topic to be honest.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I've seen enough to know I could watch it and remain objectively distant. But I have no desire to watch it.

I was shortly interested in the 1 lunatic 1 ice pick video though, but not the video itself, rather the story behind it. As it was through that video that watchers linked the culprit in the video who was at the time anonymous to an already known suspect that had previously also tortured kittens. I haven't checked for updates on the story, but I believe the police is still looking for him though.. (Is it a psychopath thing to start on kittens?)
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I like the video of the guy out walking with his girlfriend who encounters a group of thugs, they think they are going to assault the two of them and film it and have a good laugh, unbeknownst to them the guy is some sort of champion boxer and beats the crap out of the two guys who run away and try to escape.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You mean an empath? Like the character in the original Red Dragon? I would say that I suspect its possible pretty troubling to have that capacity. I know some humanist analysts who've suggested that a true humanist should be able to say that nothing human is foreign to them and they should understand all human actions, no matter how abnormal they appear and know that they too are capable of them by virtue of being human and flawed or potentially flawed in just the same way. I reserve judgement on this topic to be honest.
    Yes! Ty Lark! I've been trying to think of a way to place that feeling into words. To be an empath is like being buddha. Humanity has a need for forgiveness and reconciliation I believe. It's what's made us stronger from an evolutionary perspective. By taking in the genes/culture/patterns/words/ideas/actions/heart/symbols of those differing we increase our ability to behave differently in the same circumstances. We "act as if" and in so doing become. In becoming we understand and in knowing we can forgive. In forgiveness, we transcend we become more like God if you will.

The classic "problem of evil." Evil is just a declaration, that love approaches 0. It is a sign of what not to do. Of how to be only an individual rather than simultaneously living on many levels. As one (you), as many (all your atoms, cells, organs, organ systems, the matrix of objects your sensors detect as you wander through infinite fock spaces), as one in many (you in a relationship, with friends, with family, as a human, as a mammal, as the singular protein organism that is life on earth, as the inanimate self the you that overlaps w processes in nature). Empathy the path to our evolution as beings of light and pure energy.

Lol
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Banned

Beware the man who fakes a limp.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sx

I could watch it. I'd be disgusted and enraged, but I could watch it.
    I don't have a problem with gore, in fact, I've always enjoyed in TV shows and movies when bad guys are eviscerated or tortured, and there's been a few clips I've seen of executions of child molesters and dictators that I didn't bat an eye at. Gore and death isn't the problem for me.
    It's the injustice of when it happens to innocent people. That disgusts me more than any amount of blood and guts could. I usually end up wanting to reach through my screen and strangle these motherfuckers, and if I ever found out about someone I knew doing things like this I'm pretty sure I'd end up burying them in the woods.
    A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.