User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: 3 guys 1 hammer

  1. #21
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    How so?

    That seems rather odd to me. Are you complicit by posting in this thread?
    Oh please. You know there's a vast difference between watching a gore porn video (with all the attendant titillation of watching something forbidden and wrong) and discussing the phenomenon on a forum.

  2. #22
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Hmmm I think this is real shit. Most people are too afraid to face it. I think there is something to be said for emotional resilience even with horrible things. To me, ignoring horror is a kind of negligence
    I don't know about that. One could make ANY sort of case about something like this, including that watching it would DE-sensitize someone to such violence.

    I don't think anyone needs to watch a snuff film to build emotional resilience to this degree -- what, you think everyone should be forced to go to war and shoot people and fight for their lives just to build emotional resilience? And some people won't even build resilience; they'll just be plagued by nightmares for years to come. What's the point of having to watch three dipshit kids brutalize another human being? People know that stuff happens. As long as they accept that it does happen and society needs to be able to eradicate such threats, then rubbing their nose in it like feces doesn't seem to be a necessary endeavor.

    (Note: This is said as someone who isn't "afraid" to see it, I just think a bunch of NTs sitting around and not having an issue with it doesn't mean that the entire world will benefit from such exposure.)

    I also think it's coldly ironic that you're making the case about watching the video is something necessary to overcome someone's emotional weakness, when these three nuts were doing the same thing to overcome their "fear of blood" and look at what happened with them. Not really a compelling positive argument there.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  3. #23
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,036

    Default

    Well, if everyone argies against me I'm prolly wrong. Like ask the audience in who wants to be a millionaire. I can accept that
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  4. #24
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture

    To me, ignoring horror is a kind of negligence
    I'm still confused what that has to do with watching the video *made by sadistic killers for their own enjoyment*. You don't have to watch it to acknowledge something horrible happened.

    If you want to face horror, my recommendation is facing it head on and NOT through the eyes of horrific people as they dehumanize victims. Unless you are trying to understand killers in order to stop, prevent, or prosecute them.

    I also don't understand why you wouldnt think first about helping or empathizing with the victims and the victims' families first before looking for the perpetrators' point of view? If you think ignoring horror is negligence.

    The only way I can understand your quote is if you were advocating for justice to be brought for victims of crimes no one wants to talk about because they are seen as shameful somehow to victims or distasteful or just unimportant by society.

    But simply placing value on watching real footage of torture and murder for the sake of watching them?

    I don't get it. I'd like to at least understand what your actual question/line of reasoning was. I honestly don't quite understand what you were trying to say. Can you try explaining it again?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  5. #25
    F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    1,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Has anyone had the courage to see it?
    Sounds like a porno, but just incase it's not; No.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Mmm

    As one of the few people who watched the video I'd have to say the whole courage argument is B.S. It didn't take any courage to watch the whole video (hell I'm more afraid to watch 2 girls one cup) but pure desensitization.

    As to 'normalizing' the brutality....well I think that's wrong too. Sure there's one more ticker on that website but I don't think the fact that the video has views means that it's any closer to being normalized.

    Although I somewhat agree with the 'facing reality' argument. If anything @earthtrekker1775 I agree with your stance on owning guns, even though I may have played devils advocate in vent. The fact these things occur, as well as cartel beheadings (seen those too) really gives one an incentive to not be put in such a position. OFC my method is different than owning a gun (which I may own one day). Instead I will intellectually move my piece on the chess board to minimize risk as much as possible.

    If anything the video gives a grim reminder of the bad things in life and a gross motivation to avoid them at all costs and succeed.

    My 2 cents.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,679

    Default

    No, I dont think its courageous to watch torture and I dont care about their motivation, I personally dont believe anything "drove" them to it and this does prove that snuff movies exist unlike suggestions by snoops and others that its a lot of nonsense cooked up by feminists.

    These individuals have hardened their hearts to the suffering of others, perhaps their normal and natural development was blocked and it caused them to grow into psychopaths instead or perhaps one of them was a sadist and the others compliant or subservient but also sadistic, I'm sure they've done a lot of harm, besides the immediate killing and trauma they will have left grieving relatives and dependents, the society will incur a hit too, also any of those watching this material. Its like an earthquake with them being its epicentre and shocks and aftershocks rippling out.

    This sort of evil is what any good being will make war against.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swivelinglight View Post
    Mmm

    As one of the few people who watched the video I'd have to say the whole courage argument is B.S. It didn't take any courage to watch the whole video (hell I'm more afraid to watch 2 girls one cup) but pure desensitization.

    As to 'normalizing' the brutality....well I think that's wrong too. Sure there's one more ticker on that website but I don't think the fact that the video has views means that it's any closer to being normalized.

    Although I somewhat agree with the 'facing reality' argument. If anything @earthtrekker1775 I agree with your stance on owning guns, even though I may have played devils advocate in vent. The fact these things occur, as well as cartel beheadings (seen those too) really gives one an incentive to not be put in such a position. OFC my method is different than owning a gun (which I may own one day). Instead I will intellectually move my piece on the chess board to minimize risk as much as possible.

    If anything the video gives a grim reminder of the bad things in life and a gross motivation to avoid them at all costs and succeed.

    My 2 cents.
    You make a lot of good points, although I dont think anyone should become desensitised and I dont think its just things of this kind which cause that, there are a lot of movies at the moment, ie urban explorers, of which the plot is thin and graphic scenes of horrific torture or violence appear to be the whole point. Now I found older movies like last house on the left or funny games to be disturbing enough, these films I think are a couple of moves beyond that and actual crimes filmed and uploaded and circulated? Got to wonder whether the darkness or light is going to win out and whether desensitisation will become the norm.

    I've heard about two girls one cup and think it is sick, although I think the way in which pornography is trending more and more towards violence and fetishism is sick too, the net provides access to those things like never before, to impressionable people of all ages and backgrounds. The cultural counter-pulls are weak in comparison.

    Loading up on guns and becoming wary is one response sure, although do you want to spend your entire life simply surviving? Doesnt that lead to a culture PTSD like symptoms in everyone and record suicides like what was being discussed in the other thread?

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swivelinglight View Post
    As to 'normalizing' the brutality....well I think that's wrong too. Sure there's one more ticker on that website but I don't think the fact that the video has views means that it's any closer to being normalized.
    .
    Well according to Sociological Quarterly (Volume 52, Issue 1) the determining factor in the normalization of violence among groups of adults was viewing actual violence rather than fictional violence. So, uh.... yeah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swivelinglight View Post
    Although I somewhat agree with the 'facing reality' argument. If anything @earthtrekker1775 I agree with your stance on owning guns, even though I may have played devils advocate in vent.
    .

  10. #30
    Senior Member Tiger Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You make a lot of good points, although I dont think anyone should become desensitised and I dont think its just things of this kind which cause that, there are a lot of movies at the moment, ie urban explorers, of which the plot is thin and graphic scenes of horrific torture or violence appear to be the whole point. Now I found older movies like last house on the left or funny games to be disturbing enough, these films I think are a couple of moves beyond that and actual crimes filmed and uploaded and circulated? Got to wonder whether the darkness or light is going to win out and whether desensitisation will become the norm.

    I've heard about two girls one cup and think it is sick, although I think the way in which pornography is trending more and more towards violence and fetishism is sick too, the net provides access to those things like never before, to impressionable people of all ages and backgrounds. The cultural counter-pulls are weak in comparison.

    Loading up on guns and becoming wary is one response sure, although do you want to spend your entire life simply surviving? Doesnt that lead to a culture PTSD like symptoms in everyone and record suicides like what was being discussed in the other thread?
    On your point about pornography:
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

Similar Threads

  1. Only guys are stupid enough to do this...
    By sdalek in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 09:09 PM
  2. Hi guys...
    By fissionesque in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 07:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO