User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    this illustrates my point perfectly. the point of 21st century feminism seems to be an excuse to make comments like these. "pfft! men would never understand how we feel" it's designed to give a false sense of superiority. it probably didn't start out that way (1st and 2nd wave feminism were important and necessary) but it is now. your comment is dismissive and doesn't give any real insight into anything.
    i'm not trying to give any insight, i was reacting to the stupid shit on this page that's hurting my brain. and of course men will never fully understand what women feel and what we go through, some attempt at trying would be a nice change, though. instead, since men don't see any problems, they assume that there aren't any, and that any complaints from women are invalid. that's dismissive.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i'm not trying to give any insight, i was reacting to the stupid shit on this page that's hurting my brain. and of course men will never fully understand what women feel and what we go through, some attempt at trying would be a nice change, though. instead, since men don't see any problems, they assume that there aren't any, and that any complaints from women are invalid. that's dismissive.
    okay, enlighten me (but please stick to the United States, as I already agree that women in other countries face a host of problems I am not familiar with)
    Edit: I don't deny there are some problems women face in this country. what I argue are that there are few real ones and most are insignificant.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    It's you who's being dismissive when you disregard all male input on the topic of feminism as inadequate (which I completely disagree with).

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    It's you who's being dismissive when you disregard all male input on the topic of feminism as inadequate (which I completely disagree with).
    ;_; but what about the men?!

To make it clear, I'm not really that interested in having women's issues mansplained to me; male input on feminism is something that should be limited to listening and learning.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post

To make it clear, I'm not really that interested in having women's issues mansplained to me; male input on feminism is something that should be limited to listening and learning.
    A person's gender has little to do with their knowledge (or ignorance) on a topic and their potential to contribute to it.
    Your stance here indicates your own ignorance about feminism and the contributions that men have made to a number of philosophical issues pertaining to it.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    that's sounds an awful lot like "women should know their place when a man is around", only the reverse. lots of feminist have this tendency to preach about how women and men are virtually the same but then turn around and say "men will never understand! they should keep their mouth shut!". then when someone calls them out on this incongruency they are labeled as childish, ignorant or misogynistic.
    if you ask me, all it is is an excuse to avoid a real conversation
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

lots of feminist have this tendency to preach about ...
    which feminists have you read/studied/listen to?
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

okay, enlighten me (but please stick to the United States, as I already agree that women in other countries face a host of problems I am not familiar with)
    Edit: I don't deny there are some problems women face in this country. what I argue are that there are few real ones and most are insignificant.
    i have no interest in arguing this with you, i've seen enough of your opinions on women on this forum before to know it's a waste of effort. all i ask is that you try to consider that the women that you know personally aren't representative of all women in the country. because i can tell from so many of your posts you come from a somewhat liberal, upper-middle class background and that's not the reality of most people.

i didn't mean to imply that i didn't think men had anything useful to contribute about feminism. i was speaking more specifically about posts #51-57 in this thread (which is all i had the stomach to read.)

actually i should have specified that i meant BOYS, not men.

MBTI
    STUF

I bet feminists are just jealous they can't easily piss their name in the snow.
    Whoops.

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

A person's gender has little to do with their knowledge (or ignorance) on a topic and their potential to contribute to it.
    Your stance here indicates your own ignorance about feminism and the contributions that men have made to a number of philosophical issues pertaining to it.
    Okay, this is a fair point and I concede that men have made valuable contributions, historically, to the feminist movement.

However, this doesn't give men the right to dismiss complaints by women on women's issues, which seems to be a major problem in this thread.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!