User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I would think that pants would be more feminist because feminists would insist that by women wearing mini-skirts, they are "whoring themselves out" to men and making themselves into sexual objects.
    No they wouldn't.

Well I got suckered into taking a class on feminism this semester, so I have a pretty good idea on how feminists think now.
    No you don't.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

No rules...amen to that.

Nothing quite like a man who is comfortable in a skirt.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Nothing quite like a man who is comfortable in a skirt.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Yeah misogynist is good. However, if you want to be a true feminist, you must constantly complain about what what a patriarchal society we live in.
    I think it is exceedingly important to differentiate between modern feminist culture and feminism as theory and advocacy... It is true that in some situations, women are (still) on the lesser end of a power imbalance. The goal should be not balancing between the genders, but eradicating a power balance entirely so that we are all treated as individuals who happen to have a gender rather than individuals of certain gender.

I mean, it is genuinely frustrating when I see one of the most empowered, independent girls I know - an old friend of mine who is probably an ESxP 8w7 sx/so (that's a lot of power and energy!) - posting angrily about how men in the city she's just moved to won't stop catcalling her and making sexual comments when she's just walking down the street. And it is genuinely distressing to hear another woman talk about how she was raped. Men as a whole don't get as much direct exposure to these specific, realistic situations and how humiliating and disempowering they can be. But of course some women have taken the anger that sort of thing inspires and have taken it too far, attacking men instead of working to break down the holistic, complex cultural mechanics that have produced these inequalities.

I'm definitely not on board with over-the-top, man-hating "feminist" culture, but I also know from personal experience and stories upon stories upon stories from women I know that the world really can be unequal, and there are many patterns of predictable skew against women - and it is something we need to talk about and work on eradicating. For a man to dismiss this widespread pattern entirely because of a few overzealous women... that's really not fair or right. But of course by the same token, women also need to be ready to fight for men's equality, too, even in areas that have been traditional "perks" for women.

I think we should all be in this together, both men and women, trying to make the world more equal for every individual regardless of their gender, ethnicity, orientation, or any other biological attribute. All of us being able to claim as many or as few attributes of "traditional" masculinity and femininity as we prefer without being penalized for it, and both men and women wearing whatever kind of pants or skirts they may want.

</too serious and would rather be Googling "sexy men in kilts">

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Eruca View Post
    No they wouldn't.

No you don't.
    The radical feminists at least do.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I think it is exceedingly important to differentiate between modern feminist culture and feminism as theory and advocacy... It is true that in some situations, women are (still) on the lesser end of a power imbalance. The goal should be not balancing between the genders, but eradicating a power balance entirely so that we are all treated as individuals who happen to have a gender rather than individuals of certain gender.

I mean, it is genuinely frustrating when I see one of the most empowered, independent girls I know - an old friend of mine who is probably an ESxP 8w7 sx/so (that's a lot of power and energy!) - posting angrily about how men in the city she's just moved to won't stop catcalling her and making sexual comments when she's just walking down the street. And it is genuinely distressing to hear another woman talk about how she was raped. Men as a whole don't get as much direct exposure to these specific, realistic situations and how humiliating and disempowering they can be. But of course some women have taken the anger that sort of thing inspires and have taken it too far, attacking men instead of working to break down the holistic, complex cultural mechanics that have produced these inequalities.

I'm definitely not on board with over-the-top, man-hating "feminist" culture, but I also know from personal experience and stories upon stories upon stories from women I know that the world really can be unequal, and there are many patterns of predictable skew against women - and it is something we need to talk about and work on eradicating. For a man to dismiss this widespread pattern entirely because of a few overzealous women... that's really not fair or right. But of course by the same token, women also need to be ready to fight for men's equality, too, even in areas that have been traditional "perks" for women.

I think we should all be in this together, both men and women, trying to make the world more equal for every individual regardless of their gender, ethnicity, orientation, or any other biological attribute. All of us being able to claim as many or as few attributes of "traditional" masculinity and femininity as we prefer without being penalized for it, and both men and women wearing whatever kind of pants or skirts they may want.

</too serious and would rather be Googling "sexy men in kilts">
    I just think that feminists take it too far. I feel as though most feminists that I know, tend to think that men completely rule women, and that they need to LASH OUT against them.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Whatever she damn well wants to wear. That's what is most feminist.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Eruca View Post
    No they wouldn't.

No you don't.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

The radical feminists at least do.
    True. So make sure to keep that prefix attached, or take the time to draw the divide. This is important because radical feminists are very much in the minority (if we are to require they hold such a view to be so, for example). And are more often than not opposed by other, more popular, camps.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I just think that feminists take it too far. I feel as though most feminists that I know, tend to think that men completely rule women, and that they need to LASH OUT against them.
    Your experience with feminists is not indicative of an entire people group. All the self-professed feminists I know (other than myself) are gay.
    However, it would be silly of me to assume that everyone who advocates equal rights for females is attracted to women.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*