User Tag List

First 152324252627 Last

MBTI
    yupp

neither. it's whatever your preference is. being told by any faction what to wear is the opposite of feminism, it's oppression
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

LadyLazarus

The most feminist is when you call yourself a misogynist, it's French for "woman power go!"

It sets off a magical girl transformation sequence, that transforms you into an awkward mix between She-Hulk and Donald Duck.

Trust me I'm a Supreme Court Justice, and if you can't trust me, who can you trust?

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

skorts are the ultimate feminist garment.

You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    neither. it's whatever your preference is. being told by any faction what to wear is the opposite of feminism, it's oppression
    Don't remember if I posted earlier in the thread, but this ^^.
    Feminism is about having and making choices rather than having choices made for you by others.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

The gender roles that have been defined by American culture have been as follows:
    women-- pretty, fragile, gentle, motherly, sensitive, etc.
    men-- tough, strong, protector, etc.
    It's ironic that women (as a collective) have felt the need to "break" the stereotypes by being both masculine and feminine as if to say "ha we can do that too!", when in reality, women can never be equal to men because men have never felt the need to wear dresses and makeup and take all the traditional attributes of women. Why do women want to be like men? (aside from equal rights) The very point that they try to be like men proves that we are not at all like men.
    From this thought process it seems to me that a "true" feminist would wear what women traditionally wore, but I don't care about feminism and in this day, wearing whatever one wants isn't even taking a stance because bizarre is the new normal.

I probably have marred my point by being so very inarticulate and vague and I probably offended someone.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    It's ironic that women (as a collective) have felt the need to "break" the stereotypes by being both masculine and feminine as if to say "ha we can do that too!", when in reality, women can never be equal to men because men have never felt the need to wear dresses and makeup and take all the traditional attributes of women. Why do women want to be like men? (aside from equal rights) The very point that they try to be like men proves that we are not at all like men.
    What you call "trying to be like men", I call trying to be oneself by no longer suppressing the parts of our personalities that do not fall under the traditional definitions of "feminine". Why don't men want to do the same thing? Because the abilities and desires they would be acknowledging have traditionally been derogated as lesser, weaker, not as important.

Put another way: divide human attributes into two boxes, P and Q. P includes qualities associated with power, independence, substance, agency; Q includes qualities associated with dependence, appearance, fragility, vulnerability. Associate men with P and women with Q. No surprise one group wants free reign to dip into the other box while the other does not.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    yupp

i'm just for tearing down all gender roles. People should do what they want as long as it doesn't harm themselves or others. Who gives the fuck of their gender?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What you call "trying to be like men", I call trying to be oneself by no longer suppressing the parts of our personalities that do not fall under the traditional definitions of "feminine". Why don't men want to do the same thing? Because the abilities and desires they would be acknowledging have traditionally been derogated as lesser, weaker, not as important.

Put another way: divide human attributes into two boxes, P and Q. P includes qualities associated with power, independence, substance, agency; Q includes qualities associated with dependence, appearance, fragility, vulnerability. Associate men with P and women with Q. No surprise one group wants free reign to dip into the other box while the other does not.
    So much yes.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Well I got suckered into taking a class on feminism this semester, so I have a pretty good idea on how feminists think now. So that being said, I would think that pants would be more feminist because feminists would insist that by women wearing mini-skirts, they are "whoring themselves out" to men and making themselves into sexual objects.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    The most feminist is when you call yourself a misogynist, it's French for "woman power go!"

It sets off a magical girl transformation sequence, that transforms you into an awkward mix between She-Hulk and Donald Duck.

Trust me I'm a Supreme Court Justice, and if you can't trust me, who can you trust?
    Yeah misogynist is good. However, if you want to be a true feminist, you must constantly complain about what what a patriarchal society we live in.