User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 279

  1. #161
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Well, to be fair, the talking points I've mentioned are all stuff I read on blogs, and no one seems to have called me out yet...
    of course not. you're Viridian; I'm Elfboy. I'm not as friendly as you (you are really fucking friendly lol) are and they feel threatened by me
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  2. #162
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,538
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yes. There is an understandable backlash against oppression in which the women see themselves as victims and equality unattainable, and so seek to control their "oppressors" as much as possible- and in so doing become oppressors themselves. But look at the big picture. This is a step toward balance of power, and we are not there yet. As long as people are fighting, as long as we are unequal in all the hidden aspects of life rather than just the obvious ones, we are not there yet. But we continue to make small steps in a million different areas because more women are getting involved, seeing new perspectives in which to apply feminism, and creating harmony in diverse ways. Let's focus on freedom and empowerment for both genders, and harmony and love between the sexes.
    We have found that power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. So we have successfully limited political power through liberal democracy.

    How we limit gender power is, I think, an interesting question.

    Plainly it involves equal pay for equal work and criminalising the payment for sex.

    So we have promises to keep and miles to go before we sleep.

  3. #163
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,538
    Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    Can I get an example of how women oppress men, please?
    Sexism is a mutual transaction. For instance, the man pays for sex and the woman accepts the money.

    Sexism is also mutual roles. For instance, the man earns the bacon and the woman does the housework.

    Sexism is also mutual identities. For instance, a man makes a woman and a woman makes a man.

    Sexism is also mutual adaption. For instance, women have adapted to male power through the Stockholm Syndrome.

    So it is not so much that women oppress men, rather it is that women sleep with the enemy.

  4. #164
    Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    How we limit gender power is, I think, an interesting question.

    Plainly it involves equal pay for equal work and criminalising the payment for sex.
    Great! We'll make prostitution illegal, and everything will be okay.

    Oh wait.


    I... suppose. Yeah!

  5. #165
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Great! We'll make prostitution illegal, and everything will be okay.

    Oh wait.
    Good heavens! You have misunderstood me. What a surprise!

    In fact it is the other way round. Our first step was to legalise sex work, and now our next step is to criminalise the payment for sex.

    So our first step was to decriminalise sex work, and our next step is to criminalise the payment for sex.

    Do you now understand?

  6. #166
    Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Good heavens! You have misunderstood me. What a surprise!

    In fact it is the other way round. Our first step was to legalise sex work, and now our next step is to criminalise the payment for sex.

    So our first step was to decriminalise sex work, and our next step is to criminalise the payment for sex.

    Do you now understand?
    It took me a second to remember who you were. And it's safe to say that, no, Victor, I do not understand you. And I am confident I never will.


    I... suppose. Yeah!

  7. #167
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    It took me a second to remember who you were. And it's safe to say that, no, Victor, I do not understand you. And I am confident I never will.
    Well, let me have another go -

    We are not going after the sex workers, we are going after those who pay them.

    For those who pay the piper, call the tune.

    So those who pay the sex worker have power over the sex worker.

    So we intend to break the power your father and your brothers have over sex workers.

    Is that clearer?

  8. #168
    Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Well, let me have another go -

    We are not going after the sex workers, we are going after those who pay them.

    For those who pay the piper, call the tune.

    So those who pay the sex worker have power over the sex worker.

    So we intend to break the power your father and your brothers have over sex workers.

    Is that clearer?
    Victor, I parse your words. I get what you're saying. But you're proposing a distinction that has no practical difference. You are aware that solicitation is a crime already?

    And stop using words like "father" and "brothers." It's creepy.


    I... suppose. Yeah!

  9. #169
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Victor, I parse your words. I get what you're saying. But you're proposing a distinction that has no practical difference. You are aware that solicitation is a crime already?

    And stop using words like "father" and "brothers." It's creepy.
    We don't seem to be on the same page.

    Here, sex work is legal. Sex work is legal and regulated. Sex work is regulated for health and safety, to keep out underage sex workers, and to stop sex slavery.

    So here it is legal and regulated to sell and buy sex.

    We do though have a movement to criminalise the buying of sex but not to criminalise the selling of sex.

    And yes, it is creepy that your father and your brothers have power over sex workers - why not join the movement to limit the power of your father and brothers over sex workers, unless you have another agenda.

  10. #170
    Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    We don't seem to be on the same page.
    We're not on the same page. We're not going to be on the same page. And I am okay with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor
    And yes, it is creepy that your father and your brothers have power over sex workers - why not join the movement to limit the power of your father and brothers over sex workers, unless you have another agenda.
    My father is creepy. I don't have brothers, but if I did, and they were like my father, they'd be creepy. And none of them would be one-tenth as creepy as what you just said.


    I... suppose. Yeah!

Similar Threads

  1. What is more important protest or voluntary work?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-21-2017, 01:36 PM
  2. What's more important? Duty, Honor or Love?
    By highlander in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 01-02-2017, 04:01 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-19-2016, 06:55 AM
  4. Who Is More the Buffoon: Obama or Bush II?
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-01-2014, 12:42 PM
  5. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 07:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO