User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - the fact that they even site books in the first place tells me they're probably at least somewhat educated.
    "I love food. I love drinking, boys, dancing until my feet swell. I love my family, my friends, my job, my boss. And I love my body, especially the badonk." -Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, A Shore Thing

*cite

I... suppose. Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - the fact that they even site books in the first place tells me they're probably at least somewhat educated.
    - ever heard of women's studies? that's what I'm referring to
    so simply citing books merits over if they actually know what the fuck they're talking about?
    (if so, i'll understand your posts more now.)

when did women's studies become feminist studies?
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    so simply citing books merits over if they actually know what the fuck they're talking about?
    (if so, i'll understand your posts more now.)
    when did women's studies become feminist studies?
    it merits that they've at least made an attempt at knowing what they're talking about.
    I've always assumed women's studies and feminist studies were the same thing. is there a difference?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    The definition of oppression that I am using is the sociological definition, which is institutionalized oppression. Individual cases don't apply; I'm not trying to say they aren't important, just that they aren't relevant in the context of this discussion.
    True in some ways; but I do think they are relevant because any instance of men abusing or controlling women either institutionalized or personal is seen to be a big problem. The same ways women are being treated by men are seen to be symptomatic of a bigger problem, and I see the same going from women to men. So my point is that even though women still get the short end of the stick in many ways, it is not simply a black and white problem of male oppression of women. It is an imbalance of power and lack of harmony between the genders, and the way to fix it is to have greater harmony and balance.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    True in some ways; but I do think they are relevant because any instance of men abusing or controlling women either institutionalized or personal is seen to be a big problem. The same ways women are being treated by men are seen to be symptomatic of a bigger problem, and I see the same going from women to men. So my point is that even though women still get the short end of the stick in many ways, it is not simply a black and white problem of male oppression of women. It is an imbalance of power and lack of harmony between the genders, and the way to fix it is to have greater harmony and balance.
    ^this
    exactly
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Why are you replying then?
    Just to clarify my opinion, but is not my thing. I've done the equivalent of telling a suicide bomber that Allah doesn't exist. Which is not very recommended.
    You just can't win.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I was half-joking with that. I'm assuming you've read the ''who should pay on dates'' threads.
    There isn't much in the overall post to respond to, but when it comes down to it, being the one who pays on a date or in other scenarios is an act of dominance. Having resources and money is power, and even if having your way paid on a date or in other situations can be pleasant or advantageous, in the end, allowing someone else to provide for you is submitting to them.

I'm currently trying to build a position of strength professionally and my first steps are to gain control of resources so that I am in a position to provide for others in my field. They will certainly enjoy the benefits of obtaining any resources I provide, but this is the most important step to place myself in a position of power. Men can complain about paying on dates, but when women actually have equality more men will accept having women pay without feeling emasculated. And more women will feel bold enough to be the one to ask a man on a date and pay for them without it feeling socially "off".

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Just to clarify my opinion, but is not my thing. I've done the equivalent of telling a suicide bomber that Allah doesn't exist. Which is not very recommended.
    You just can't win.
    Rasofy, you are projecting. This is you. I didn't think you were an extremist until I read this statement. You refuse to change your position in response to evidence, and then you accuse others of being too stubborn to change their minds without providing any evidence to give them a reason to adjust their thinking. You cannot expect someone to change their thinking only because you have a personal opinion about a topic.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have sown the seeds of discord. D:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Rasofy, you are projecting. This is you. I didn't think you were an extremist until I read this statement. You refuse to change your position in response to evidence, and then you accuse others of being too stubborn to change their minds without providing any evidence to give them a reason to adjust their thinking. You cannot expect someone to change their thinking only because you have a personal opinion about a topic.
    You missed the point.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
    I have sown the seeds of discord. D:
    I think you mean !
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!