User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    I did, and I take issue with premise as expressed in the OP.
    Ok, that's nice.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

See? Just as I suspected, we're in a situation in which the unenlightened (by choice, mind you, since feminism was just not interesting enough to read about) has demanded that others convince him and then, when they kindly offer up information despite his offensive levels of entitlement and bad faith, has decided in his superior wisdom to declare the opposite of one of the fundamental points with little in the way of actual argumentation. Because his opinion just matters so much that it's the duty of others to prepare him with information so that we may have the honor of being bestowed it afterwards.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

@Rajah
    Your rhetoric and passion are both admirable, but I lost interest in the debate.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
    Ok, that's nice.
    I'm not even sure what this response is supposed to mean. If you are interested in further context for my comment, though, I edited my response.

I... suppose. Yeah!

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    There are a lot of women who in their personal lives treat their men really badly. They insult and belittle them, insist on making all the decisions, act like they're idiots, and still expect them to pay for everything and buy them expensive things. Sometimes they are physically abusive. Abuse and domination is not a sex-specific thing, it is a human thing. It has simply been sanctioned by the power structure for a long time for men to behave this way toward women more often and in more institutionalized ways.

Maybe "oppress" might not be the best word since we are talking about institutionalized problems and this backlash occurs on a smaller more personal level, but oppression can be appropriate if we are just talking about an imbalance of power and suppression of freedom.
    The definition of oppression that I am using is the sociological definition, which is institutionalized oppression. Individual cases don't apply; I'm not trying to say they aren't important, just that they aren't relevant in the context of this discussion.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    @Rajah
    Your rhetoric and passion are both admirable, but I lost interest in the debate.
    Why are you replying then?

I... suppose. Yeah!

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    But this isn't female privilege, because there are no women in power making the decision to not require/allow women to serve in the military. The rationale for this comes from outdated gender roles and are based in a patriarchal society.
    Hilary Clinton, Sandra de O'Connor, Ruth Bater Ginsburg, Condaleeza Rice...there are lots of women in politics today. not as many as the men, sure, but the number is ever increasing. if you don't think that exclusion from the draft is female privilege, I'm sure you can at least agree it is a disadvantage of men in many societies that women have the luxury not experiencing. I'm reading the article on patriarchy right now, and while, it makes some very good points, I would argue that men often suffer just as much from patriarchal structures as women do. the draft being a perfect example.

PS: finally, we've arrived at a conversation
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Hilary Clinton, Sandra de O'Connor, Ruth Bater Ginsburg, Condaleeza Rice...there are lots of women in politics today. not as many as the men, sure, but the number is ever increasing. if you don't think that exclusion from the draft is female privilege, I'm sure you can at least agree it is a disadvantage of men in many societies that women have the luxury not experiencing. I'm reading the article on patriarchy right now, and while, it makes some very good points, I would argue that men often suffer just as much from patriarchal structures as women do. the draft being a perfect example.

PS: finally, we've arrived at a conversation
    You know what? I believe the whole system of conscription is troubling. But if we have it, women should also be conscripted. Women who want all of the privileges of equality with none of the negatives do a tremendous disservice to feminism.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    I do not mean to dismiss these statistics by any means, because I am legitimately concerned about all victims; however, these do not apply since I'm asking about institutionalized oppression.
    I see, in that case, I would point to
    - the school system
    - divorce cases
    - the fact that a man hitting a woman is punished 10 fold what a woman hitting a man is
    I'll probably pull up some stats on this later for the sake of discussion, but for the time being I'm reading over that blog you linked me
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    You know what? I believe the whole system of conscription is troubling. But if we have it, women should also be conscripted. Women who want all of the privileges of equality with none of the negatives do a tremendous disservice to feminism.
    ^this is one of my main qualms with feminism. at least, how I see most people practicing it
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!