User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont think this is a case of people can and do fancy either sex, like I've said already it seems me much more like the natural and underlying heterosexuality asserted itself but they experienced trouble because they were so alienated from the same.

Now this is something a know a lot of the pro-gay movement arent able to handle, its alright when it hetero norms are portrayed as repressive and oppressive but when it looks like the converse can be true its no good.

Given the break down of the population, the simple number crunching, that's got bigger consequences than any of the well meaning sorts or long suffering homosexuals campaigning for the spread of homosexuality are really ready to handle.
    Some people "can and do fancy either sex". Some prefer the same or the opposite consistently for their entire lives. Pressuring another person to do one or the other is misguided and hurtful, regardless of who is doing the pressuring and in which direction. Historically, hetero norms have been more repressive, and gays have been lucky to be left alone. But gays are people, too, and like straights, can go overboard and be mean. It's like saying a man can be sexually assaulted by a woman. It happens, but the majority of cases have the roles reversed. It is not good when anyone is repressive or repressed, but "given the break down of the population, the simple number crunching", gays are still much more likely to be on the receiving end of this. Gays are also much less likely to "campaign for the spread of homosexuality" than straights are to campaign for the spread of heterosexuality.

Face it, Lark: you just don't like gays. Or, deep down inside, you still think they are wrong somehow. You can't help feeling this way, any more than gays can help being gay. I do appreciate the civility with which you have approached the topic on threads like this. I assume you treat gays you encounter IRL with similar courtesy. Really, that is all anyone can ask.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Gotta love those "fun" double standards.

Anyway, I'm not desiring to put people in boxes, it sounds from the whole of this article that this is in fact what the homosexuals in the UK were/are doing and it that community and identity which has been limiting but instead of deal with that you did what is comfortable to you and turn it around on me and suggest that's what I'm doing.

I dont think this is a case of people can and do fancy either sex, like I've said already it seems me much more like the natural and underlying heterosexuality asserted itself but they experienced trouble because they were so alienated from the same.

Now this is something a know a lot of the pro-gay movement arent able to handle, its alright when it hetero norms are portrayed as repressive and oppressive but when it looks like the converse can be true its no good.

Given the break down of the population, the simple number crunching, that's got bigger consequences than any of the well meaning sorts or long suffering homosexuals campaigning for the spread of homosexuality are really ready to handle.

I'm not really sure where you are going with this.

My comment "We reserve the right to mock them and call them Hasbians for the rest of forever though." was a joke.

There are always going to be people gay or straight who don't like people coming out as the opposite. Some people just don't like it. Not everyone who is gay is automatically open minded.

Also, from reading your comments @Lark I am not sure you have a great understanding of the continuum of sexuality and the many complex reasons that contribute to a person's sexuality. Or maybe I am just not really getting what you are saying.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    I'm not really sure where you are going with this.
    I've been pretty consistent with my views on this topic, the reportage here resonates with my views and opinions. I'm sorry you're not sure, maybe you just need to think about it a bit more.

My comment "We reserve the right to mock them and call them Hasbians for the rest of forever though." was a joke.
    Oh I know that, although the jokes are always of a particular kind with a particular import is all.

There are always going to be people gay or straight who don't like people coming out as the opposite. Some people just don't like it. Not everyone who is gay is automatically open minded.

Also, from reading your comments @Lark I am not sure you have a great understanding of the continuum of sexuality and the many complex reasons that contribute to a person's sexuality. Or maybe I am just not really getting what you are saying.
    I'd accept your first point, not your second, its not that I dont "get it" its that I question the very premises upon which "it" is based, I dont believe there is a continuum of sexuality with most people bisexual and heterosexuality and homosexuality at either end of it.

That idea is based upon Masters and Johnston and before that Kinsey, perhaps Shear Hite's reports reflect it too, those are all subject to being of their time and place. I doubt that they'd have got the same feedback in a different time or place, definitely not another epoch.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

I've been pretty consistent with my views on this topic, the reportage here resonates with my views and opinions. I'm sorry you're not sure, maybe you just need to think about it a bit more.

Oh I know that, although the jokes are always of a particular kind with a particular import is all.

I'd accept your first point, not your second, its not that I dont "get it" its that I question the very premises upon which "it" is based, I dont believe there is a continuum of sexuality with most people bisexual and heterosexuality and homosexuality at either end of it.

That idea is based upon Masters and Johnston and before that Kinsey, perhaps Shear Hite's reports reflect it too, those are all subject to being of their time and place. I doubt that they'd have got the same feedback in a different time or place, definitely not another epoch.

Regarding your view that there isn't a continuum...
    Are you basing this on the fact that you live in a very outwardly 'straight' world of people? I see people all over the continuum of sexuality every day. Maybe you are just presuming people are in one box or another because you don't know enough people well who aren't straight?
    I think what kinsey had to say on sexuality is very relevant.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

^^I'm pretty sure @Lark is one of those "heterosexuality is the only natural orientation, anything else is aberration caused by social problems." This whole thread was an attempt to show what he thought was evidence that the gay community and its agenda is causing natural heteros to choose gayness, and then shunning them when they return to hetero-land.

It's all really very stupid.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    ^^I'm pretty sure @Lark is one of those "heterosexuality is the only natural orientation, anything else is aberration caused by social problems." This whole thread was an attempt to show what he thought was evidence that the gay community and its agenda is causing natural heteros to choose gayness, and then shunning them when they return to hetero-land.

It's all really very stupid.
    You're right in that summation but its not stupid, why is it or would it be? Unless you could give a shit about the casualties of liberal best intentions, which I suppose is understandable and not that uncommon either.

I do think that heterosexuality is natural and ought to be normative, I do think that homosexuality is an aberration as you say but I dont know what causes it, maybe its social problems and I know more than one or two homosexual couples, male or female, who're good examples of some sort of correlation between the two but I wouldnt say that in every case.

So far as I know even the people who're big fans of homosexuality arent consistent or conclusive about what it is that causes homosexuality.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

So far as I know even the people who're big fans of homosexuality arent consistent or conclusive about what it is that causes homosexuality.
    Probably the same type of genetic roulette that leads to left-handedness, green eyes, perfect pitch, and other aspects of human diversity.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Probably the same type of genetic roulette that leads to left-handedness, green eyes, perfect pitch, and other aspects of human diversity.
    Just vague enough to make sense to enough people who've not really given the matter much thought to work you know.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Just vague enough to make sense to enough people who've not really given the matter much thought to work you know.
    What does this even mean?

I'm not sure what you are getting at, but can you explain why ~10% of the population is left-handed, or why some people have perfect pitch, or a photographic memory? You are right about homosexuality in that we still have alot to learn about how and why some people are gay, just like the other traits I mentioned. There is nothing wrong with ignorance, as long as we keep trying to learn.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

You're right in that summation but its not stupid, why is it or would it be? Unless you could give a shit about the casualties of liberal best intentions, which I suppose is understandable and not that uncommon either.

I do think that heterosexuality is natural and ought to be normative, I do think that homosexuality is an aberration as you say but I dont know what causes it, maybe its social problems and I know more than one or two homosexual couples, male or female, who're good examples of some sort of correlation between the two but I wouldnt say that in every case.

Because you see what you want to see; You engage in confirmation bias just as you accuse others of doing the same; You wield your values as though they are universal; And you have an unwarranted persecution complex about it all.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness