User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should marijuana use be legal?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 84.62%
  • For medical purposes only

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Other (please clarify)

2 15.38%
12 Last

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i've always thought it was ridiculous that marijuana's illegal and alcohol is. weed, at it's worst, makes people lazy and unmotivated. alcohol can make people out of control and violent, and i've seen it cause a lot more damage to people's lives. as far as medical marijuana, i do agree with people against it that most people with medical cards don't actually need it and it's just an easy way to get legal weed. however, i think it should be legal anyway so i'm still in support of it. good for them if they can find a way to work the system.

honestly though, for my own selfish reasons, i don't care if it gets legalized or not. it's cheaper if it's not.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

How do you see it having an effect on a large scale? For example, productivity across a state, etc. Should those considerations be taken into account? Are any types more likely to favor/disfavor marijuana use? Is marijuana a "gateway drug"? Does it have an overall positive or negative impact on people's lives? Etc etc
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

nobody robs houses to buy pot...they're not going to shoot you on the street and take your last 20 bucks in your wallet to try and score. pot heads are a mellow bunch. they should be left alone. they should be able to purchase a certain amount every month...just enough for personal use.

most of them likely just want to mellow out in the evening with a joint and go to bed. it's not hurting anyone.

doctors passing out pain prescriptions needs to stop...that's a gateway drug. it's so addictive that people will just try something/anything else they can get their hands on...until they're junkies living on the street selling their bodies.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm surprised that it doesn't create some uptick in violent crime. But if a study from Sacramento says no, then the answer is probably no (I used to live in downtown Sacramento and saw and experienced some crime and crazy behavior there.)
    Personally, I think it should be legalized. Alcohol causes many deaths and tragedies every year. The hypocrisy of a less socially deleterious substance being vilified for no good reason must be addressed.
    Is pot a 'gateway drug'? Most studies say no, a small number claim otherwise. In my experience, it is not. The gateway to hard drugs is almost always a personal trauma of some kind, mixed with an absence of perceived support.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think it should be regulated the same way alcohol is, like while driving, but that's about it. I don't even think it should have to be medical, just make it an OTC drug.

Although on a more personal level, I don't really like weed because it makes me paranoid, so I don't really care what they do about it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Is marijuana a "gateway drug"?
    not necessarily, i know plenty of people who have only smoked weed and not done any other illegal drugs. but i think the reasons that people who smoke weed are more likely to end up getting into other, harder drugs are because 1) they're already not concerned about the legal implications 2)they're already curious and interested in taking drugs in the first place. it's about the person's attitudes and personality, not weed magically turning you into some drug fiend. plus obviously there's going to be some kind of logical order, most people aren't going to start out doing heroin and then discover weed somewhere down the line. usually, it's alcohol/weed-->hallucinogens/ecstacy/maybe prescription drugs-->coke/heroin/meth/etc

Are any types more likely to favor/disfavor marijuana use?
    the only real type correlation i can think of is that P's are generally more into it than J's. there are exceptions, obviously, but being a stoner is kinda counterproductive to the whole J lifestyle. a J cokehead would make more sense, lol.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Yeah, I know a lot of estj cokeheads. Also, Js seem more comfortable with meth. Basically, drugs that give you more energy so you can work harder lo

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Yeah, I know a lot of estj cokeheads. Also, Js seem more comfortable with meth. Basically, drugs that give you more energy so you can work harder lo
    Not only that, I've found that Js also prefer vanilla over chocolate ice cream and khaki pants over stonewashed jeans.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm wound a little tight, and I find that weed helps me out with that.