User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Default What Privilege Does To You

Jaw dropping true story. Princess tries to skip out of 7 million pound hotel stay with entpurage of 60 servants.

As moonlight flits go it was one of the more brazen.

If you were trying to dodge paying a hotel bill of £5million you might just slip out of a side door and walk away quietly with some hand luggage.

However, when a Saudi princess tried it from a five-star establishment in Paris she was just a little bit too noticeable – what with her retinue of 60 servants in tow and a mountain of suitcases.

Princess Maha Al-Sudairi’s planned escape was always destined to end in farce and fiasco.

She and her entourage were instantly spotted by staff when filing out of the exclusive Shangri-La hotel at 3.30am last Friday.

They called the police and the wayward ex-wife of Saudi Crown Prince and deputy prime minister Prince Nayef bin Abdulaziz – who is second-in-line to the Saudi throne – was stopped as her extensive luggage was being bundled into a fleet of limousines.
    Most offenders in her position would have been arrested on the spot, charged and perhaps would already be behind bars.

But because the princess is protected by diplomatic immunity, police were unable to arrest or even charge her with an offence.

Instead the French authorities can only approach the Saudi Embassy in a bid to get them to help.

In the meantime the princess and her small army of servants have been offered refuge from their troubles – at another luxury hotel, the Royal Monceau.

The five-star hotel is owned by ‘family friend’, the Emir of Qatar, who has offered to put her up while the matter is resolved. The princess arrived in Paris with her entourage on December 23 last year and booked out an entire 41-room floor of the Shangri-La.

Up until then she had been confined to a palace in the middle eastern state by Saudi King Abdullah after leaving behind a trail of unpaid bills with luxury firms across Europe, reportedly including Dior, jewellery outlets Chaumet and Victoria Casal, and at least one hotel.

She repeatedly dodged demands from the hotel to settle her ballooning bill, the newspaper Le Parisien reported.

Matters finally came to a head last week when police found her and her servants attempting to leave the hotel. This is not the first time the royal has found herself in hot water.

Her global over-spending has been well-documented in the past. She was originally ‘cut off’ by a furious King Abdullah after racking up massive debts all over the world during the last few years.

In June 2009, she claimed diplomatic immunity in France after amassing £15million in unpaid shopping bills, including £60,000 on designer lingerie alone.

The following year, she was once again bailed out by her oil-rich government after she ordered £18,000 worth of glassware and silverware from a Paris store. Despite this, her fabulously wealthy credentials meant the ‘IOU’ notes handed to shopkeepers which read ‘payment to follow’ were usually accepted.

Over the years, up to 30 of Paris’s most exclusive retailers have fallen foul of her bouncing credit notes, French newspapers reported.

Shop owner Jacky Giami, who owns Paris’s Key Largo leisure wear store, said the princess and her relatives had more than £100,000 worth of his stock.
    Last night, police in Paris said they were unable to arrest or charge her because she was claiming diplomatic immunity. They said they would be asking the Saudi embassy to help settle her accounts.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1wnwaWUfG
    Also, this inspires me even more to get a biodiesel or electric car. A hybrid at the least.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

This angers me more than I can even express! I have tried to write a few different things but can't finish without wanting to punch my keyboard out of frustration. This is just ridiculous!! effing politicians!!
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

Doesnt make me as angry as the Conservative drive to wipe out very basic legal protections for working people in the UK, they're going to strike all the unfair dismissal legislation from the books, which they themselves had to introduce because they found that such a mess had been created through employers just having complete freedom to dismiss whoever they felt like.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Jaw dropping true story. Princess tries to skip out of 7 million pound hotel stay with entpurage of 60 servants.

Also, this inspires me even more to get a biodiesel or electric car. A hybrid at the least.
    This goes to show what happens when you teach a woman that her purpose on earth is to look pretty and consume and then drop her in downtown Paris with unlimited credit

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
    This angers me more than I can even express! I have tried to write a few different things but can't finish without wanting to punch my keyboard out of frustration. This is just ridiculous!! effing politicians!!
    This is the ex-wife of a member of the Saudi royal family. I don't see what it has to do with "politicians" in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Doesnt make me as angry as the Conservative drive to wipe out very basic legal protections for working people in the UK, they're going to strike all the unfair dismissal legislation from the books, which they themselves had to introduce because they found that such a mess had been created through employers just having complete freedom to dismiss whoever they felt like.
    Objection, your honor. Relevance?
    (otherwise I mostly agree )
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Hilarious, and sad. I find the concept of diplomatic immunity hilarious, and the situation and upbringing of the little princess very sad.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

interesting story. The function of privilege is to enslave.
    "People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds; it is something one creates." - Thomas Szasz

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Mitt Romney has more in common with this woman than he does with the average American.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Mitt Romney has more in common with this woman than he does with the average American.
    I don't think people should be prosecuted for their circumstances.

I bet they took the robes & towels too.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

People like this are sad. I mean, they have everything.. but I can't imagine what value any of it is to them. Maybe this is an ultra-rich person's cry for help. People with less leverage usually just resort to getting drunk and breaking something. I doubt that would make even a blip on the radar with the people she might want to notice her.