User Tag List

Default "If I Wanted America To Be A Dictatorship."

The moral of the story? Be active in your communities, your state, and your country. Do something.

Be active and know why movements like the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street spring up. Understand why we have both a Military-Industrial-Complex and a Medical-Industrial-Complex. Leave the TBTF banks and go for a smaller credit union.

Read laws and read bills, that is what corporations and institutions are most afraid of is to scrutinize every bill that they come up with. Once you start gaining knowledge, that is when they lose their power and that is when true democracy begins.

In other words, "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Hmm, this video seems like a stream of consciousness spouting of random opinions and conspiracies.

There are certainly systemic problems in this country, but attributing them to some form of conspiracy is going to loose the support of the more reasoned and well informed.

Yes, things, like the Patriot Act, and the killing of US Citizens with predator drones, are troubling. Yes, the banks and the financial sector have undue support from the government and influence on the economy as a whole. Yes, there is a barrier to entry in for small businesses (especially for those in the medical and agricultural fields) propped up by the government.

But to insinuate that there is a cabal of organized individuals at the heart of all of this is way over-the-top, and throw in some medically unfounded claims about vaccines and autism while you are at it.

I believe democracy will find a way out of the problems we are having. Those who would buy and sell influence to better themselves have few places to hide in the world now. Whether it is Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa...or really anywhere in the world, people have lost tolerance for inequity and game-playing at the expense of others.

It was once said that without democracy, a nation would experience a bloody revolt every 25 years. Perhaps the mulit-nationals will come to realize that they cannot circumvent democracy by leaving democratic nations. If they do, they may go the way of 18th century French royalty.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    It was once said that without democracy, a nation would experience a bloody revolt every 25 years. Perhaps the mulit-nationals will come to realize that they cannot circumvent democracy by leaving democratic nations. If they do, they may go the way of 18th century French royalty.
    I've been sharpening my guillotine for years.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Hmm, this video seems like a stream of consciousness spouting of random opinions and conspiracies.

There are certainly systemic problems in this country, but attributing them to some form of conspiracy is going to loose the support of the more reasoned and well informed.

Yes, things, like the Patriot Act, and the killing of US Citizens with predator drones, are troubling. Yes, the banks and the financial sector have undue support from the government and influence on the economy as a whole. Yes, there is a barrier to entry in for small businesses (especially for those in the medical and agricultural fields) propped up by the government.

But to insinuate that there is a cabal of organized individuals at the heart of all of this is way over-the-top, and throw in some medically unfounded claims about vaccines and autism while you are at it.

I believe democracy will find a way out of the problems we are having. Those who would buy and sell influence to better themselves have few places to hide in the world now. Whether it is Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa...or really anywhere in the world, people have lost tolerance for inequity and game-playing at the expense of others.

You're not talking about the former admin on PerC are you?

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    You're not talking about the former admin on PerC are you?
    If I am, I am doing it unintentionally.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

If I am, I am doing it unintentionally.
    She's not on this site is she? She's one of the few mods I liked on PerC.

Yeah, I had some issues with some of his statements, but overall, not too bad. I just took it as look at your government and fix it. The fact that our rating of our own Congress is so low is telling us something.

We still haven't gotten anybody locked up in jail yet for the financial meltdown. Yet, we have had hundreds of people kicked out of their homes because it has become foreclosed.

There IS a mantra that seems to come with corporations, and that is bigger is better. In economics $$$ is everything. I've begun reading a book that was written during the Civil Rights Movement in the 60/70's called "Small is Beautiful." Basically, that book is an antithesis to what economics (and most corporations) see as a heresy (as it is counter to the way they think.)

I believe most other nations are "Guilty until proven innocent" unlike America which is "Innocent until proven guilty." (that is unless NDAA gets kicked to the ground.)