User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 121

  1. #1
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default The Gay Superhero

    There have been talks that a prominent superhero will come out gay in new issues of said hero's comic books. It has been made public that the homosexual superhero is none other than the Green Lantern. The article is below.

    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...=SFnewyorkpost

    I think it's really stupid, because its absolutely nothing more than a forced method of shoving a social agenda down people's throats. I'm all for gay people doing their thang, but leave your opinions on sexuality out of my comic book especially when its obviously contrived for purposes outside of the focus of comic book entertainment. The green lantern was married with children for crying out loud. Oh yeah, I don't even read comic books.

  2. #2
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Superman is a more obvious choice.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  3. #3
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Or Captain America considering "don't ask don't tell" was recently done away with

  4. #4
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    I have no objections.

  5. #5
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    This sounds like a job for Ace & Gary:

    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  6. #6
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    I think it's really stupid, because its absolutely nothing more than a forced method of shoving a social agenda down people's throats.
    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    I'm all for gay people doing their thang, but leave your opinions on sexuality out of my comic book especially when its obviously contrived for purposes outside of the focus of comic book entertainment.
    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Oh yeah, I don't even read comic books.
    If you're not some "maintain the canon" nazi, which you're not since you don't even read the comics, then the only reason you'd have a problem with this is because you are one of those people that says shit like, "I don't care if you choose to be gay in your own time, just don't start sucking face with your gay lover anywhere where I can see you."

    Don't be sly...just come out and say it.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  7. #7
    Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    398

    Default

    I figured it would be Aquaman. I saw a cartoon a while ago portraying him as gay but don't remember where. SNL maybe?
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

  8. #8
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    If you're not some "maintain the canon" nazi, which you're not since you don't even read the comics, then the only reason you'd have a problem with this is because you are one of those people that says shit like, "I don't care if you choose to be gay in your own time, just don't start sucking face with your gay lover anywhere where I can see you."

    Don't be sly...just come out and say it.
    I don't feel a need to explain anything further to someone that has already erroneously made up their mind on how I think.

  9. #9
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    I don't feel a need to explain anything further to someone that has already erroneously made up their mind on how I think.
    I didn't ask you to explain anything. I asked you to be honest.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  10. #10
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I didn't ask you to explain anything. I asked you to be honest.
    Oh, ok. Well in that case... I dislike social engineering. I don't want anyone telling me how I should think or feel, from a platform that isn't geared for that in the first place. I feel its a personal violation, and I don't have to be ok with it.

    But at the end of the day, I'm just disgusted with gay people, right?

Similar Threads

  1. How should the media and Hollywood handle the changing superhero scene?
    By kyuuei in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 03-09-2015, 09:09 AM
  2. The Media's Effect On the Gay Teen Suicide Rate
    By iwakar in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 01:28 PM
  3. Eliminate the ‘gay panic’ defence from Queensland law
    By Nijntje in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 09:38 PM
  4. The Conservative Case for Gay Marriage
    By teslashock in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 02:51 PM
  5. So what's really the big deal about Gay marriage?
    By Sniffles in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 222
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 12:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO