User Tag List

First 12345 Last

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Oh, ok. Well in that case... I dislike social engineering. I don't want anyone telling me how I should think or feel, from a platform that isn't geared for that in the first place. I feel its a personal violation, and I don't have to be ok with it.

But at the end of the day, I'm just disgusted with gay people, right?
    Don't comic books have hetero chemistry going on in the background all the time? I think that having that- while not having the alternative- is most definitely 'social engineering' towards an attitude that there's something wrong with the alternative. Wouldn't it be more accurate to say you dislike social engineering that doesn't perpetuate your own biases?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post

"If you weren't, then you wouldn't care and you wouldn't feel it was a threatening type of 'social engineering.'"
    Exactly.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

See @swordpath? Now lark, the notorious and vocal hater of the "gay agenda," has welcomed you to his ranks.
    No, that's not the welcome to my ranks pic and message. Its sort of clear what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Don't comic books have hetero chemistry going on in the background all the time? I think that having that- while not having the alternative- is most definitely 'social engineering' towards an attitude that there's something wrong with the alternative. Wouldn't it be more accurate to say you dislike social engineering that doesn't perpetuate your own biases?
    Really? You think that neutrality or impartiality is really a bias?

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Really? You think that neutrality or impartiality is really a bias?
    So, "neutral" or "impartial" social engineering is that which is hetero normative? You see hetero normative as being a completely unbiased position?
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

Why couldn't they make a new, gay super hero? I'd be fine with that. Why twist a historic comic book hero's story away from a wife and kids to gay if it wasn't simply to shock an agenda into the mix? How is it homophobic or anti-gay to feel that way? It's not the message, it's the method and the platform being used! I guess I'm combating the PC police.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Don't comic books have hetero chemistry going on in the background all the time? I think that having that- while not having the alternative- is most definitely 'social engineering' towards an attitude that there's something wrong with the alternative.
    K, then make a new gay super hero... easy. The thing is that a very small population identifies as homosexual, even a smaller population, in the land of fiction, would be endowed with super hero capabilities. The chance of there being a gay super hero is slim to none using basic, logical reasoning. :P

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say you dislike social engineering that doesn't perpetuate your own biases?
    No.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    This sounds like a job for Ace & Gary:

They could have just did some heavy promoting on this and then had TWO gay super heroes. Idiots...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

K, then make a new gay super hero... easy.
    That's such a cop out. You know full well that a new "gay" superhero would have nowhere near the audience that Green Lantern does, and it's that fact that's bothering everybody about this.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ISTx

That's such a cop out. You know full well that a new "gay" superhero would have nowhere near the audience that Green Lantern does, and it's that fact that's bothering everybody about this.
    Exactly, and that's why it wasn't done. It wouldn't have been as abrasive to make a new super hero that probably no one would be interested in anyways.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Exactly, and that's why it wasn't done. It wouldn't have been as abrasive to make a new super hero that probably no one would be interested in anyways.
    Yes, so you'd be okay if the gay superheroes were shuffled off into the corner with the other shit that no one reads. You don't like the visibility. Why? Because you don't like the "gay agenda." Why? Because you're anti-gay.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness