User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    Don't do drugs, mmmmkay.

MBTI
    ISTx

No bath salts, and only Marijuana found in the guy's system by toxicology tests... So there really is a zombie apocalypse.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/06/27...on-bath-salts/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    No bath salts, and only Marijuana found in the guy's system by toxicology tests... So there really is a zombie apocalypse.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/06/27...on-bath-salts/
    Now the only question is should we be comforted by this fact, or disturbed by it...

MBTI
    ISTx

I'm no medical expert by any means, but I venture to say perhaps the man was severely dehydrated/stressed/exhausted and some sort of reactive psychosis was a result. Perhaps similar to Jason Russell's incident (the guy that put out the Kony 2012 video), when he got naked and went wonky near a busy street in San Diego. They did say this Florida cannibal guy had been walking for miles on the causeway. But they also said his car had tons of used water bottles in it suggesting he had been hydrating, and in a manner that indicated he was VERY thirsty (which originally indicated drugs).

http://slatest.slate.com/posts/2012/...psychosis.html

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

So in wasn't bath salts . . . strange, given that I find it unlikely that marijuana influenced his violent desicions. I agree with swordpath, psychosis may be a better explanation. Granted, I have to wonder if any degree of psychosis was the result of immediate external factors that day, or if the man was already experiencing psychotic thoughts and/or behaviors.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    So in wasn't bath salts . . . strange, given that I find it unlikely that marijuana influenced his violent desicions. I agree with swordpath, psychosis may be a better explanation. Granted, I have to wonder if any degree of psychosis was the result of immediate external factors that day, or if the man was already experiencing psychotic thoughts and/or behaviors.
    Actually if he was prone to schizophrenia marijuana could trigger it.

Of course it doesn't cause schizophrenia in non-schizophrenics, it doesn't CAUSE schizophrenia, but I get so fucking sick of people being like "derp marijuana is harmless" ...you know, people also used to say that about cocaine and morphine.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    how can you possibly find this fair??
    why did that man deserve to be shot, even if he was eating someone else's face? was he endangering someone? was there no way to stop him? (was the other man dead already?)
    seriously, your position seems vindictive, and that should never be supported.
    You can't be fucking serious.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Actually if he was prone to schizophrenia marijuana could trigger it.
    That is certainly possible.

Of course it doesn't cause schizophrenia in non-schizophrenics, it doesn't CAUSE schizophrenia, but I get so fucking sick of people being like "derp marijuana is harmless" ...you know, people also used to say that about cocaine and morphine.
    True, the drug isn't without a variety of harmful effects upon both the user and other potential people associated or in the vicinity with the user. The long term physical effects are certainly of less worry, but immediate effects that can trigger dangerous episodes that lead to events like this man commiting live cannabilism are extremely rare from what I understand; rare enough where the threat of danger isn't as worrisome as the immediate danger people pose from cocaine or morphine. Hell, alcohol and steroids have much high level danger potential then pot does (granted that might just mean more evidence on reconsideration of how we use and abuse them in society).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    That is certainly possible.

True, the drug isn't without a variety of harmful effects upon both the user and other potential people associated or in the vicinity with the user. The long term physical effects are certainly of less worry, but immediate effects that can trigger dangerous episodes that lead to events like this man commiting live cannabilism are extremely rare from what I understand; rare enough where the threat of danger isn't as worrisome as the immediate danger people pose from cocaine or morphine. Hell, alcohol and steroids have much high level danger potential then pot does (granted that might just mean more evidence on reconsideration of how we use and abuse them in society).
    Not if he's already a violent schizophrenic. It brings on the on-set of schizophrenia quicker, and exacerbates its symptoms in people who already suffer, if they are prone to schizophrenia for existing reasons.

All schizophrenics aren't violent, but if that was his illness, and he was unmedicated and was smoking excessive amounts of weed, this is probably what happened.

And pretty much nothing can be done with violent psychotics who are that bad off, so bad off that they eat people's faces. Those people murder prison guards and beat up psych ward staff. I can't believe people are complaining he was shot.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I can't believe people are complaining he was shot.
    They aren't. pinkgraffiti is literally the only person online or IRL that I've seen shun the officer's handling of the issue. I'm skeptical that she only said that to rattle the thread anyways.