Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Perhaps a bit of a hyperbole given my initial visceral reaction to the situation, but I do want to see this judge suffer somehow for his stupidity.
    I was referring to the OP. I completely understood your hyperbole and agreed with your main point.

my was point (elaborated) was "since when did it become possible to throw a kid in jail for skipping too much school? since when have the school system and the courts been so interconnected? are you fucking serious?" the Libertarian in me was shocked
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    That judge should be flogged, sodomized, and skinned alive. A worthless pile of brainless horse shit polluting this planet; cleanse it.
    +1e910000000

EDIT: can anyone say...ISTJ? /typist snob
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    yes, quite terrible. A failure on the family, school district and state levels. Maybe she'll learn her lesson, quit her job and apply for all manner of state/federal assistance.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    the Libertarian in me was shocked
    guess you better pull him out, lulz

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    What doesn't make sense to me is in light of her family situation isn't she either 1) technically emancipated or 2) a minor who's been abandoned by her parents? Where is social services? Why didn't the judge get her a counselor instead of "just doing his job by mechanically pushing some buttons"

I've never heard of people being jailed for truancy. You skip enough you get kicked out, period. Ive seen that happen in CA public school. Tons of kids skip school everyday in DC or rather there are LOTS of teens hanging around in the middle of the day and I've never seen a cop or transit official question them. Granted, dc public schools should NOT be a model for any other city's public schools.

The judge is catching a lot of heat for the decision - he has the chance to ocerturn it after the long weekend - but I think Texas has some explaining to do and this also highlights the dangers of bureaucracy.

Systems are built relying on cogs in the machine like this judge to just "do their job"

I feel so bad for this girl. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a nervous breakdown (or rather I think she's having one right now) the cultural pressure on her (being Vietnamese American and the eldest daughter) is immense by itself without being persecuted by a misguided legal system.
    According to a followup on the local tv news, a KHOU reporter asked the judge to reconsider the case rather than allow this to appear on her permanent record (she wants to go to med school), but he said he hadn't considered it because he would look soft.

I guess he prefers to look like an ass.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    yupp

that'll learn her to do more than what most humans are capable of. clearly the judge hates successful people.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    IsFJ

How dare she get tired after working hard to support her family? It's almost like she's a person or something...
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Daaaammmmnnn yyyooouuuu SJs!!! Daaammnnn yyyoouuu alll ttooo heellll!!
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

How much does this student actually sleep? From the way it sounds she'd be lucky to get 2-3 hours of sleep a night. Wonder what that will do to her body over a long term.

Why can't the older brother just support himself?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I was referring to the OP. I completely understood your hyperbole and agreed with your main point.
    Ohhhhh you were refering to the OP, okay then

my was point (elaborated) was "since when did it become possible to throw a kid in jail for skipping too much school? since when have the school system and the courts been so interconnected? are you fucking serious?" the Libertarian in me was shocked
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    +1e910000000