Thread: Robin Gibb Dies

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Robin Gibb Dies

Wow, what a year for musicians signing off... Whitney, Donna Summer, Robin Gibb, Chuck Brown , Donald Dunn, Adam Yauch, Levon helm, Robert B. Sherman, Davy Jones, Etta James, and others...

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-th...232110535.html

....Bee Gee Robin Gibb succumbed to a longtime struggle with liver cancer Sunday, a spokesperson confirmed. The Rock & Roll Hall of Famer was 62.

His death dashed the hopes of Bee Gees fans who'd hoped that a miracle was in store after the singer emerged from a coma late last month. Prior to his regaining consciousness, his family had revealed that Gibb had been given only a 10 percent chance of surviving and seemed to be preparing the public for his imminent death. Despite the shock fans are now experiencing, family members surely feel grateful for the month they had with Gibb after his unexpected awakening.

Disco fans are feeling their mortality this weekend, as the death of one of the principal voices of the 15-times-platinum Saturday Night Fever soundtrack follows the passing of Donna Summer by a mere three days.

A statement read: "The family of Robin Gibb, of the Bee Gees, announce with great sadness that Robin passed away today following his long battle with cancer and intestinal surgery. The family have asked that their privacy is respected at this very difficult time."

Robin follows Maurice (a fellow Bee Gee) and Andy (a solo artist) in death, leaving eldest brother Barry as the sole survivor among the legendary Brothers Gibb...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Well now it really does look like disco is dead. Maybe a bad batch of Methaqualone that had a long term degeneration process like some form of mad cow disease. Maybe it is the 2012 ring of fire eclipse that I just saw a minute. Maybe the Mayans where talking about them when they made their calendar.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Vizconde View Post
    Well now it really does look like disco is dead. Maybe a bad batch of Methaqualone that had a long term degeneration process like some form of mad cow disease. Maybe it is the 2012 ring of fire eclipse that I just saw a minute. Maybe the Mayans where talking about them when they made their calendar.
    Yeah, I get it... one little missing glyph rubbed off by prolonged water or sun, and instead of the death of disco, people thought it meant the death of humanity.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, I get it... one little missing glyph rubbed off by prolonged water or sun, and instead of the death of disco, people thought it meant the death of humanity.

Really when we think of it in a certain intergalactic perspective perceived in a disco glob light...it might as well be the same thing.

In all seriousness, he was a great songwriter. RIP!
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Really when we think of it in a certain intergalactic perspective perceived in a disco glob light...it might as well be the same thing.

In all seriousness, he was a great songwriter and had a unique voice. RIP!

MBTI
    INTP

I have to admit, I never associated 'Love Shack' with Disco.....maybe I like more Disco songs than I'm aware of (beyond 'Brick House').

Also, why do my 80's MTV memories have to keep dying!? Don't they realize what their doing to my fragile, shallow little mind!?